Trusted Contributor

I have Portmerion Botanica for my every day dishes. My fancy china is Royal Albert Old Country Roses (when it was still made in England). I also have Spode Christmas Tree and Spode Blue Room.

I love pretty dishes!

Valued Contributor

Re: Dishes and China

[ Edited ]

I recently bought Royal Albert New Country Rose in Pink dinner and salad plate plus sugar bowl just out of curiosity.   They came in a couple days ago.  Very attractive looking, a nice light pink background, thin feeling the way you want bone china to feel.  The gold painted edges are done well too.   I am overall impressed.  I know they are not made in England anymore, but that is part of the reason they are more affordable now.  Also, the little flower designs are not actually hand painted, but well crafted decals with a good glaze over top....a little bit of a bummer since I like for things to be hand painted, but again that's the price (you don't pay) for affordability I guess.  I really like them though, and might try more designs just for the heck of it Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

For my Christmas dishes, I mix Spode "Christmas Tree" and Pfaltzgraff "Winterberry", but I found this beautiful pattern on FB this morning that I have never seen by the Pioneer Woman,

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

For my Christmas dishes, I mix Spode "Christmas Tree" and Pfaltzgraff "Winterberry", but I found this beautiful pattern on FB this morning that I have never seen by the Pioneer Woman,

Oh my! That is really pretty! My Walmart does have some PW dishes but not not that one. I wouldn't buy her dishes though because I have seen so many chips in them in the store - they don't seem very durable.

Honored Contributor

@Hetty wrote:

@Hetty

Oh my goodness, the Johnson Brothers Friendly Village dishes are something I have coveted for a very long time. The detail and coloring are so beautiful and nostalgic. 

I've never started a set, and now you have me thinking!! 

@Mominohio, There is something so sweet about that pattern.  I see pieces frequently in antique shops and second hand stores, which is how I acquired my set.  I say, "Go for it!" 

@Mominohio,I just saw a 4 pc. set for $$269.99 plus 25% off at Macys.  At least you won't have to search or have scratched plates.

Valued Contributor

I just love reading threads about posters loving china/dishes.  It comforts me to know that I am not "batty" all alone.  LOL!  I at one time had almost 20 sets of dishes/china.  I've had to get rid of many of them, because I couldn't carry them anymore from their storage places, etc., to use them.

I also have a huge set of Fiesta (multicolored) that we use almost every day, but I'm thinking of getting rid of them, because they are too heavy for me to handle/carry/use.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35

I had  the same dishes for many years gave them to my cousin who now hosts big family holidays! I think I got them over 40 years ago & I know they are still in perfect shape cuz' I enjoy seeing them grace her table!

Honored Contributor

I use Fiesta in red and yellow for everyday.  

I have a huge set of white Wedgewood service for 24 and I have extra dinner plates just in case.  I change the tablecloth and napkins for the different holidays and just stay with the white dishes.

I just received at $350 check where I had my grandmother's Vernon Pottery set on consignment.  I also have great grandmother's Haviland but they would not take it on consignment because they did not think they could sell it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I gave away two different sets of Christmas dishes last year. 

I have my set of Lenox fine china and everyday wear dishes - Corelle.  If my dishes could talk..................................

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of bumping up an old thread