Valued Contributor

Real nice, Ohiomum.

Respected Contributor

So pretty.

I love dishes, too....they are a real weakness with me. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I always thought it would be fun to do The World's Largest Yard Sale that's held every year.  I wonder if it's as good as it used to be? Has anyone ever shopped all or part of it?

I can hear the fireworks right now that are the finale of the balloon glow at the balloon fiesta tonight.  My sheltie is having a fit.

That ballon fiesta is such a magical thing to see.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Maybe you could get more at Replacements?  Or you could launch a tour of all the TJM in America, and accumulate the whole set.

@Kachina624

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!

Who wants to go?!

OMG Girl, I'll be down to pick you up!

My quests have taken me to HL in West Virginia, the old LE Smith & Lenox when they were in PA. Lenox used to have a factory summer sale similar to HL Summer Tent Sale.

Libbey Glass in Toledo..outlet online & open to the public.

Need a side trip to Holmes County to order a new china hutch! 😉

Then on to Liberty Tableware in Oneida, NY for flatware!

@Snowpuppy I often drive by a Lenox outlet outside of Hagerstown, MD on the way to my DD's house. I have wanted to stop for a long time, but we always seem to be in a hurry both ways. it's HUGE!

@Mominohio LOVE those plates!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

Very nice!

I love my combo store TJ/HOME GOODS--it has some great treasures! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I always thought it would be fun to do The World's Largest Yard Sale that's held every year.  I wonder if it's as good as it used to be? Has anyone ever shopped all or part of it?

I can hear the fireworks right now that are the finale of the balloon glow at the balloon fiesta tonight.  My sheltie is having a fit.

@Kachina624  Here, that is called a Flea Market, and they are held every weekend all over, unless they don't exist any longer, havn't been to one in years, but it was enormous.

Respected Contributor

@NorthernLights  @Mominohio  I just saw the Johnson Brothers Friendly Village earthenware on sale at EVINE - $99 for a set of 28 pieces.  Sending in case you are still interested, plus a discount for multiple sets!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@NorthernLights  @Mominohio  I just saw the Johnson Brothers Friendly Village earthenware on sale at EVINE - $99 for a set of 28 pieces.  Sending in case you are still interested, plus a discount for multiple sets!

I'm so tempted, but I just don't know where to put another pattern. I'll probably regret not getting it some day. 

THanks for the heads up

@CAcableGirl2

Valued Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Thank you so much! I had no idea Evine sold dishware. I'll definitely look after the holidays. Both of my kids were born in December and add Christmas in, that means Mom gets no moola$ for Christmas lol.

Super Contributor

Thank you to all of you who spoke and posted pics of the Friendly Village dinnerware! Always wanted a scene like that-reminds me of the covered bridges in Pa when the kids and I would visit. Bought service for 8 and practically every serving piece I could find except for the huge turkey platter-too big to store and we cut the turkey in the kitchen so got 2 of the 15" plates instead. Love it!