Honored Contributor

Re: Desperate For New Sheets.

Tuesday Morning sometimes has fabulous 100 percent cotton sheets, the best often coming from Portugal.  Put your hand in the package and feel the quality.

You can get good sheets at Homegoods and TJ Maxx sometimes too.  Good sheets are wonderful to sleep on and will last years longer than cheap sheets.  It is something worth investing in for the comfort.

We haven't had anything but all cotton in 25 years or more. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

Got a sheet set of king set Wamsetta 620  Egyptian cotton tc sheets for $79  from Bed, Bath and Beyond and they come with a 7 year warranty.

Love them.

@hopiBought those sheets yesterday and they are deeply discounted.  Had a yellow *clearance* sign up at display, but didn't ring up on sale---regular price.  They adjusted.

Came home and went online and ordered several more sets.  They are on sale online, also.

You need to get an adjustment--if you purchased them recently.

Honored Contributor

I vote for LL Bean sheets, they are my favorite.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

If you are looking for sheets with a weight to them, look for PERCALE.

The Target Threshold percale sheets are wonderful.

@Stardust2 wrote:

I haven't bought new sheets in many years but it's that time again. I have to shop on line as I live 60 miles from the closest city and I am  handicapped.

I love the Northern Nights sheets from 10 to 15 years ago but not the new ones. Looking for 100% cotton with a weight to them. No flannel.They last for years.

Any tips or item numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance and have a lovely day.

Honored Contributor

Bamboo sheets from Cariloha are nice soft & very comfy. I would not buy cotton unless it states 100% Egyptian, Pima or Turkish.

Respected Contributor

If you want heaft cotton sheets get Egyptian cotton. They are durable, nicely weighted, and silky! I got some over on Evine and Macys and even WalMart dot com.
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

I've been looking for a long time for new sheets.

I want 100% cotton - not a sateen finish, something that stays cool and doesn't make noise when you turn over.

The last set I bought were one of Targets Threshold brand and they were awful.  My husband wanted to know if I made the bed with plastic shower curtains.  They got put into the box of painting stuff to be used as drop cloths.

@CelticCrafter, I tried the Threshold sheets from target.  I wasn't that fussy about them either.  I look for the 100% cotton percale that are crispy, not plasticy if that is a word.  LM

Respected Contributor

Has anyone bought sheets from My Pillow?  If so, I'd appreciate 'hearing' your opinions and experiences.

I understand about long-staple threads not needing to be high thread count. I know, too, that not all Egyptian threads are high-end, and just am not sure about Giza 88 quality.   I found a scientific chart (with way TMI for my needs) that kinda-sorta showed Giza 88 to be middle-of-the-road for Egyptian thread.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Others may not be happy with these, but we love them. I went back and ordered another set!

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Home 100% Cotton Gingham Sheet Set A208648

Regular Contributor

For all of you nice ladies who suggested sheets for me, a big thank you! I ordered the Wamsutta sheets from Bed Bath and Beyond. Couldn't wait to get them in the washer for  a prewash. Slept one night on them and loved them! I haven't had sheets comfortable in many years and what a bargain! Ordered two sets and will order more tomorrow.

II am so grateful for these boards to lead me in the right direction.

God Bless you all.