Honored Contributor

Re: Decorating ideas for the new Luminara Lantern...

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

I ordered the 16 & 19" cream.  The 24" is just too much lantern for me.  It's all those beautiful decorating ideas you linked here SL that made me...yes made me buy the 19"er!!  

@BornToShop 

We're all in this together...it's time for all enablers to unite...

Group hug time  grouphug.gif

Honored Contributor

OK what is going on here?  And I also saw a discussion that might have something to do with lanterns!

ono!!! ono!!! help!!! I am afraid to look.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: Decorating ideas for the new Luminara Lantern...zs

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I ordered the 16 & 19" cream.  The 24" is just too much lantern for me.  It's all those beautiful decorating ideas you linked here SL that made me...yes made me buy the 19"er!!  

@BornToShop 

We're all in this together...Equal enablers unite...

Hysterical...!!!  And I do feel the love...I hope I am still hugging you after tomorrow!  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

OK what is going on here?  And I also saw a discussion that might have something to do with lanterns!

ono!!! ono!!! help!!! I am afraid to look.

@LTT1  You have now entered into the dangerous enabler's zone...procede with caution...LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop 

Hysterical...!!!  And I do feel the love...I hope I am still hugging you after tomorrow!  

@BornToShop  I would be VERY surprised if you were not 120% pleased that you got both of them. I don't know if you already have a Luminara lantern or not...do you have the Churchill lantern? If not, it's top notch quality and I believe that these will be too  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop 

@BornToShop  I would be VERY surprised if you were not 120% pleased that you got both of them. I don't know if you already have a Luminara lantern or not...do you have the Churchill lantern? If not, it's top notch quality and I believe that these will be too  Smiley Happy

I have the churchill in the black & thanks to SHOPR who recently discovered it in cream at BBB, I have that one too.  I didn't like the price but used a coupon which helped.  The cream is best for me since I will use them in my coastal decor & my womancave.  I say the 24" is too much lantern, but knowing me, I will rationalize tomorrow on why I think I need it.  Bring on the group hug, lol! 

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop 

I have the churchill in the black & thanks to SHOPR who recently discovered it in cream at BBB, I have that one too.  I didn't like the price but used a coupon which helped.  The cream is best for me since I will use them in my coastal decor & my womancave.  I say the 24" is too much lantern, but knowing me, I will rationalize tomorrow on why I think I need it.  Bring on the group hug, lol! 

@BornToShop  I agree about the 24" being too much. If we lived in a larger home...or an estate (still looking for that winning powerball ticket...lol) home, with any or all of the following... a foyer, had cathedral ceilings, a huge fireplace, pool area, etc., it would be perfect. In our small home it would look silly anywhere...so out of place.

I am looking forward to decorating with the 16" & 19" red lanterns together or separately in our kitchen.

Your coastal decor sounds wonderful! I hope you will post pics when you decorate with your lanterns Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'd appreciate some opinions. I'd like to get one of the lanterns, in black, to go on our hearth, opposite the fireplace tools. I've attached a picture of our fireplace. Would you go with the 16 or 19 inch? The 24 is too big for me. I want it to look good but not be too overwhelming, like well....hello there. There's a lantern!  image.jpg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'd appreciate some opinions. I'd like to get one of the lanterns, in black, to go on our hearth, opposite the fireplace tools. I've attached a picture of our fireplace. Would you go with the 16 or 19 inch? The 24 is too big for me. I want it to look good but not be too overwhelming, like well....hello there. There's a lantern!  image.jpg

What a beautiful fireplace!  I would get the 19 & 24" ones as the size of your fireplace would need a larger statement IMO.  How much fun you must have decorating l!  

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop 

We're all in this together...it's time for all enablers to unite...

I love the group hug.  It reminds me of The Golden Girls who remind me of us on here.  Woman LOL  The enabling is in full force and I wonder if I will escape without buying at least two lanterns.  I justify the price by the included candle.  Really it is an excellent price.  Liking the cream.