Honored Contributor

For all of you crafters out there, crafting on HSNSmiley Happy  Enjoy

Honored Contributor

I'm loving every minute that I've had time to watch.....especially Anna Griffin stuff!  Ordered the TS at 12:30AM.  Have since ordered a couple of other items.  I love what HSN does with the shipping charges.....only full price on the first craft item and then half price shipping on others throughout the day.  And their computer is clever enough to calculate that throughout the day, even if you log off and come back in and place another order.

Respected Contributor

I generally don't watch the shows, but I placed my order for a few items already.

Honored Contributor

I watched some of the shows.  I don't do much of that sort but it fascinates me  how much of the work is done now by computer and machines (i.e. Cricut).  I guess it still requires some creativity to make your own cards but there isn't much actual artistic skill involved.  I also thought Anna Griffin looks like Britney Spears.

Honored Contributor

Re: Crafts on HSN Today

[ Edited ]

I assume the 72 piece market set can be used to color stamped images, right?  I said I wouldn't buy any more of Anna's card sets because I have so many, but couldn't resist the pop-up so bought that, the borders, etc., and the Christmas dies and 2 pk embossing set, pretty expensive I think.

Valued Contributor

Hi @sunshine 919, I did know about this Craft Day in advance but wanted to say thank you for alerting the crafters because we dont always know when it is a Craft Day or we forget. If you craft or make cards or whatever, I hope you'll join our conversations. There arent a lot of us but if you have a question it is usually answered & if you have an opinion about a product, good or bad, it is always welcomed!

@Krimpette Glad you enjoyed the day, I definitely appreciate HSN's shipping policy & how you can add on throughout the day. The TS is really beautiful & you are going to create some amazing cards with it, your friends & family will be so impressed! I wish I liked doing pop-ups but right now they are my favorite to look at but not create :')  I posted on the "Calling All Crafters" thread about what I purchased today. Love these Days, they are inspirational.

Hey @Marsha2003, let us know what you bought & how you like it. Reviews are so useful especially when they posted by people you "know". I love watching the shows when I get the chance because I find it inspiring to see the many different & beautiful creations. The things that Anna makes with the Cricut are amazing & I love looking at them even though I know I wont buy one.  As it turned out, i saw mostly Anna today, though i did catch some "odds & ends" like the Martha Stewart calligraphy kit. I usually enjoy the Crafter's Companion" woman (she's so fast!), but I didnt see her today. I'm  always so tempted to buy that thing :-)  I think I may end up getting a Martha Stewart scoring board from Amazon because I really like rosettes & doing it the Anna Griffin way is pretty expensive.

"Talk" with you all later!

Valued Contributor

Hi @mousiegirl, you should be able to use markers to color in stamped images,but the quality of markers varies & I would try them as soon as possible in case you want to return them. As for thw rest of your purchases, I'm sure you'll love them The TS is beautiful & her embossing folders are always so pretty.  You cant go too far wrong with Anna Griffin :-)

Honored Contributor

Well I did my fair share to keep crafting shows alive on HSN.  Thoroughly enjoyed AG's shows yesterday and saw some of the other shows.  I enjoy watching the Crafter's Companion lady, though I don't buy any of her items.  I have a set of the dies she was showing, but haven't had success in getting them to work in my Cuttlebug.  Might try in my Grand Caliber.  But for that reason, I wasn't tempted by the more intricate dies, no matter how quickly she's able to remove all the excess!  

So....a couple of days ago I had already bought the vellum embellishments, since I had gotten a free shipping code by e-mail that day.  Then yesterday, I bought the TS on auto ship (though I'm likely to cancel the second delivery, since I don't need much of what she described.) I just adore her pop-cards!!!!!  Can't wait to do the Christmas ones - in both orientations!!!

Also bought the set of holiday die cuts to augment what's in the T/S.  Also bought the Christmas envelope stamps.  They looked so cute!!!!!  Never thought about decorating the front of the envelopes!!!

Oh, and I did buy the cordless glue gun.  Might go back and buy the tape runners.

Hope everyone enjoys their purchases!!!! 

Frequent Contributor

I was absolutely, positively, with out a doubt not purchasing anyting from Craft Day! So here is what I got - you just knew I had to buy. Crafters Compananion - 2 edgeables and one front of card die, the big scoring board for boxes, 2 packs of the paper to go with it, the 2 dvd's and the magazine die combo. Then I bought the 3 birds set with the snow globe die cuts and two of the totally tiffany solutions for storarge.

First time I purchased no Anna. I do have several of her embossing and die cuts on auto delivery so that is my Anna fix for this month.

Was happy to see Martha Stewart products but purchased nothing there either. I almost bought a set of die punches but have so many now I never get to use.

So there you have it. After all my reslove, talking to myself about behaving and not spending any more money on crafts I folded like a wimp noodle.

I will report back on what I liked and did not like (like that will happen) when I receive my goodies.

Enjoy your purchases and report back if you can.

Happy crafting.