Valued Contributor

Hi QGirl26! This whole thing is a little crazy. Lots of people seem to have lost hundreds or thousands of posts with this change and other changes in the past. I have never lost posts & the one time they asked me to change my nic, i just put in the nic i had been using and they accepted it.I have been very lucky that way!

Im glad the Scrapbooking group is getting back together, i really was so sad when i saw it was gone.

QualityGal & Krimpette, thanks for the coloring book info! Who wouldve thought of actually walking into a book store!? :-)  You wont believe this but i LOVE peacocks ( i have a whole Pinterest board just for peacocks) & paisley is my favorite design shape, i guess you would call it. I have a book about the history of paisley design. It has gorgeous pictures. 

Hope you will report back about the pencils. I would love to color with my fine point Sharpies, but i think they would run together & soak thru the paper.

Krimpette, did you buy the Anna Griffin heat pen or was that someone else? I just wstched a video that Anna did about using the pen, it doesnt seem too easy.

And wouldnt you know it - my mom has a doctor appt on July 1st! Worst of all, it is with the doctor who will spend 5 minutes with her, say "it looks good and we'll see what the scan in July shows" & then walk out of the room. For that i will have driven 200 miles & missed almost all day of the Scrs pbooking shows on HSN. ~sigh~ i wouldnt be so irritated if he were actually useful during these follow up appts. Oh well, i will try to catch what i can on my Smartphone, but i cant really ignore my mom just to see what nifty crafting supplies are being shown :-)  

Honored Contributor

In reply, yes, these are adult coloring books. Michaels may have them, on line I don't see many there, but if the store carries them, they know exactly what that means. You need a good pencil sharpener too.

I used to make cards, but arthritis doesn't help and the people who I used to send them to, have passed away. I did this for years. I love color. This is my "artistic" outlet, such as it is now!! LOL

Yes, just ask about the coloring books for adults. There's all kinds of variety to choose from. I am on the peacocks now and then I got a book yesterday for paisley designs.

Honored Contributor

Mewsmom...No, I didn't by the AG pen you mentioned.  Someone else, I guess.  Right now, I'm using the pencils that came with the set of books that I ordered from HSN.  But in case I "improve", I've ordered water color pencils from Amazon.  Coloring is fun!  But I can't let it take me away from my card-making!  Looking forward to July 1!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Glad to have found you all!  I'll make a comment on the Community forum for everyone to come here!

Frequent Contributor

I noticed today on Anna Griffin's HSN page they are starting to list some of the new items for July 1.  Today they had the adhesive tape that she talked about in her previews.  Can't wait for the pop up card kit.

Hi everyone.  Glad I found you.  Sometimes change is not good.  I was reading your posts about coloring books - has anyone tried Dover Publications?  They have a great site and wonderful coloring books.  If you sign up for emails, they are always offering $$$ off or discounts. 

With regard to HSN and Anna Griffin, I am an AG addict.  I absolutely love her items.  I have so many now, I don't know when I will get to all of them but I'm sure having fun trying. 

Bye for now.

Honored Contributor

If anyone loves Anna's bows as much as I do, the 100 pcs set is now up for ordering on HSN.  $19.95 for a set of 100 pretied bows - 2 sizes.  I chose not to wait for July 1 to order, since I've wanted something like this for quite some time.

Enjoy July 1!!!!!!!!

And as to coloring - picked up the Secret Garden coloring book while I was out today.  GORGEOUS!!!!!  The only negative is that the pages are not perforated and they are printed both sides of each page.  But what a gorgeous book!!!!!  Almost too pretty to "mess up"!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

And as to coloring - picked up the Secret Garden coloring book while I was out today.  GORGEOUS!!!!!  The only negative is that the pages are not perforated and they are printed both sides of each page.  But what a gorgeous book!!!!!  Almost too pretty to "mess up"!!!!!

Krimpette, That's on my list as one of the first ones to get next time. Thanks for your input, good to know.

Honored Contributor

REMINDER!!!!  ALL DAY CRAFTS, Tomorrow (7/10 on HSN).  "See you there"!!!!

Valued Contributor

Hi Krimpette & fellow crafters,  so how's your shopping going? I like the TS,  but I'm not crazy about it so i will probably pass at this point. Also, all the AG stuff i want is in the 5 x 12 config. & i dont have those plates so i will probably not be purchasing any Anna items-a first since she started with QVC! (dont be surprised if that changes). I am definitelg buying the 3birds 1400 piece embellishment kit since those will work great with all my foil stuff. Its been on my list for a while.  The item getting the most co sideration is the Totally Tiffany ScrapRack Organizing System for $159.00. I am just going to watch some videos on her website first, then purchase before it is presented tomorrow. I have other things on my list so we'll see what happens :-)

Went into Michaels yesterda to get a coupld things & found a coloring book by Creative Haven called Art Nouveau Animal Designs & they are great. I have a 12 color pencil set i am using, but can see i will want more colors eventually. It is really fun to come up with color combos.  I am "practicing" on a picture of lobsters that i am not crazy about (they remind me of scorpions, ugh).

Talk to y'all later. I have to watch the videos, purchase & go to bed! Wish i was going to be able to watch more tomorrr :-(

P.S. did anyone else see Anna's announcement of her Create event in November? Sounds like Heaven, wish i could go! Go to her blog on her website to see :-)