Honored Contributor

Re: Could You Live Here. . .

[ Edited ]

I'll leave this one for somebody else. No matter where it is, no matter the view, it's too high, too contemporary, to expensive and has no sense of warm and cozy whatsoever. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

No........I'm afraid of heights and don't care for the decor.  I would hope they have an elevator in the apartment.

Respected Contributor

Yes. I am a city girl!

Honored Contributor

I'm not afraid of heights, but this is just too high for me. If I lived in the center of a big city like this, I'd prefer something not as high. It's a beautiful space, but I would prefer something cozier with more warmth. 

Honored Contributor

I hate heights and not only wouldn't want to live there, I wouldn't even want to visit it or go anywhere near it.  I'd be extremely uncomfortable.  I'd be constantly worried about high winds or an airplane hitting it.  No thank you, not even for free.  I bet it sways in the wind so you'd get white caps in the bathtub.

Also wouldn't live in NYC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

It's in NYC, so, no thank  you.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I hate heights and not only wouldn't want to live there, I wouldn't even want to visit it or go anywhere near it.  I'd be extremely uncomfortable.  I'd be constantly worried about high winds or an airplane hitting it.  No thank you, not even for free.  I bet it sways in the wind so you'd get white caps in the bathtub.

Also wouldn't live in NYC.

@Kachina624 

Before buying my 20th floor condo, I did a LOT of research about high rise buildings .... I mean, in CA, the earthquake possibilities .... yikes, right?  

I had previously worked in high rise office buildings on both coasts, so the whole take an elevator to your floor thing didn't matter.   

I also learned that high rise buildings have a lot of structual ease built in .... and sway naturally, so less damage in case of a quake.  I considered another condo in an 8 floor building and was told, from a safety standpoint, the 20th floor unit was safer than the shorter building!   

I lived there when the massive Northridge earthquake hit.  I had a glass of water sitting on a glass coaster on the edge of my nightstand ... and it never moved!  My kitchen cabinets all swung open, and my lighting fixture in the dining room swayed for about 30 minutes ... but no breakage whatsoever.    Now that's what you call well built!  Woman Happy

Super Contributor

It's so beyond my realm, I can't even imagine it. Right now the door to my one and only bathroom won't close all the way. All my interior doors need replacing, lol.

Honored Contributor

NEVER!   I'm a country girl, raised on a 200 acre farm with only one neighbor in sight, so no way am I going to be happy in a high rise apartment in a city full of people.  

I'm much happier with far less money in my simple house on my part of the farm.  I want to meet the Creator of all this I see as perfection, right here!   

Valued Contributor

Even if you paid me money to spend a single night here, I'd have to think about it. I have visited tourist attractions in tall spaces, but an hour or 2 is more than enough!

Plus while NYC has its charms in certain places, again, a day trip is more than enough for me. Not a country living in the middle of nowhere girl, but I like my private home and being able to drive my car and not rely on busses, subway or taxi/uber/etc.