Esteemed Contributor

Cook top stoves are terrible

I don't care what anyone says this is the worst invention for a cooktop stove anyone has ever created. They don't come clean. Have tried everything. A pot boils over and your stove looks hideous. It's so bad by mom is getting a gas cooktop in the new house. The
Honored Contributor

Re: Cook top stoves are terrible

@ccassaday wrote:
I don't care what anyone says this is the worst invention for a cooktop stove anyone has ever created. They don't come clean. Have tried everything. A pot boils over and your stove looks hideous. It's so bad by mom is getting a gas cooktop in the new house. The

+1

Trusted Contributor

Yes they are horrible and ugly and when I was married for 50 days well I lived married in the house for 50 days to the narcissist I boiled over something and he flipped out about his stove, at that time I tried to get some things to clean it and I did not understand he already had the cleaner but the bottle looked different I thought he was going to kill me over that and I said I will buy you a new stove...............I hate them and they are ugly and they do not come clean it takes forever to burn off. Worst invention I have ever seen.

Honored Contributor

I like mine because I can use it for counter space,  of which I have too little.   I don't cook on it; I have an induction burner I prefer for cooking. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Do you mean a built in cook top?  I enjoy mine and have had one since I've owned my home.  Most homes have them now days.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Glass top? Oh I LOVE them so much more than my gas range top! If you happen to boil something over on a glass top, as long as you get at it right away, its a breeze to keep clean! You have to experiment with products that work right for you. My stove came with a cleaner that they recommended so I stuck with that. Mine was a showpiece until the day we moved. In fact, many women couldn't believe I even used it when they walked through our house. I have gas now and find it a heck of a lot harder to keep clean! Ugh!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

If you mean the glass top stove, I also love mine.  No problem at all keeping it clean.  For heavier spills, etc., I use the cleaner that I got from Sears.  It's wonderful for anything I've encountered on my stove top.  After cleaning, I then go over the top once more with Invisible Glass to bring it to a "like new" shine.  Love mine!  (Except that I wish we had gas in my area!)

Valued Contributor

I've had a glass top stove for 18 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

It still looks like it did the day we bought it.

Every night I tell it I love you!!  

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

Nothing will ever replace a gas free standing stove/oven for me. I was raised and taught to cook with electric, but have had a gas stove since I was in my 20's and I'll never go back.

As for built ins, I'm no fan of them. They tend to be very expensive to replace, and even though they are designed into new and modern kitchens, they always make me think of the 1950's and being very dated looking.

Trusted Contributor

I hate the glass cooktop. I've been cooking with gas for years, then moved back to the family home to take care of my elderly mother. I haven't cooked on that thing yet!  I love a gas cooktop -- not freestanding but built in. I love to cook and really miss my gas cooktop. Mom doesn't want a gas cooktop, even though the kitchen is plumbed for gas already.

The glass electric cooktop is black and a biyatch to keep clean. Seems as if no cleaner in the world will keep from streaking. It always looks dusty and dirty. I can use a clean, lint-free cloth with cooktop cleaner on it but the streaks come back.