Honored Contributor

Colonial Spirit...

[ Edited ]

I love this look and yet a few pieces of more comfortable looking furniture might be most welcomed...

Family-room-with-iconic-chairs.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I grew up with this stuff and was never a fan of the style.  However, as an adult I can appreciate individual pieces and enjoy incorporating them into a style that is more me (eclectic.)

Esteemed Contributor

I think a couple of nice rockers would be nice in front of the fireplace.  I'm addicted to rocking chairs the same way some men are addicted to their recliners!

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  Two thumbs UP!  And, I don't think they made comfortable furniture back then. Hahaha!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, how I love this style.  While I would not use those chairs for relaxing by the fire, I have handmade bow back chairs in my dining room.  They are amazingly comfortable.  Mine are distressed black, as so many of them are.

Maybe not tops in style now, I have an early American home.

Styles that have been around for a couple hundred years never really go out.  At least for me.  I do appreciate other styles, as well.  Just not for me.

Respected Contributor

I like this room, too.  However, it's clearly for the owner who doesn't want guests to stay very long. The furniture would be very uncomfortable.  

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb, I just love this look, It's right up my ally.  Maybe a couple of wing back chairs where the (deacons bench ?) is would be more comfy though.   Love it !

Honored Contributor

I like the room and the bench but would definitely have to replace the other furniture.

I want to be able to sit very comfortably in a room.

Honored Contributor

Not something I relate to.  I can appreciate it, but I find it cold rather than appealing. 

Honored Contributor

Absolutely love this.    

The Windsor chairs, high back bench, floor, and the upholstered piece on the right looks interesting.  Chair or sofa?  Outstanding architectural detail.  Yes, I'll take it.  

I'm trying to picture myself sitting in this room and whether that upholstered piece on the right would be comfy.