Esteemed Contributor

Cleaning Grout On Tile Floor

Has anyone ever hired a company to clean the grout in a tile floor?
Regular Contributor

Re: Cleaning Grout On Tile Floor

Yes,I recently had kitchen tile/grout cleaned by Stanley Steemer,they look great.Think a lot depends on the workers they send.The two I had did a fine job,also had a sofa cleaned.It too,looks great.

Contributor

no, but try using a steam mop first, then the "scrub-daddy" sponge. It took quite of bit of elbow grease, but it looks nearly-brand new.

Honored Contributor

Yes, in the house we lived in prior. We had cream tiles in nearly every room downstairs with cream grout. The house was 20 years old (and not cleaned well) and when we moved in I had professionals clean it. Not all the stains came out of the grout. I was very disappointed but they did warn me.... Top rate professionals too, forget the name.

After that I would do it every couple of years sitting on my can with special grout cleaner, a brush and a bucket of hot water and towels.... o m g ... what a job {#emotions_dlg.crying}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

We used to own a condominium which had tile floor in the kitchen / dining area. We never hired anyone to clean the grout. I used straight white vinegar and used the scrubbing side of the mop to clean the grout. After that I used a grout sealer. We had to do this every 3-4 years. HTH