Esteemed Contributor

I adored his show and also have his book. Whenever I hear his name, the first thought in my head is "lifts and levels". Great designer.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep  The first thing I thought of was 7 layers of decorating.

Honored Contributor

I used to love his shows.  I wonder what he's been doing?  

Anyone remember Lynette Jennings?  I liked her a lot too.  Heard years ago that she'd retired and was living in Grand Junction, CO. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I miss Christopher and Lynette and really all of those old shows on HGTV. 

Trusted Contributor

I love him and miss him so much and watched him every day he was marvelous and I so wish he would come back on.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I have a former boyfriend who is one of the world's really best artist lives there and I am going to have him hunt him down.

Trusted Contributor

Well I remember nothing since my head injury or when was he around? But I can see his face I watched him...........maybe he came on after my head injury it was 2003 my goodness 14 years this year but maybe I can find some youtube videos of him and do you want to tell us about the 7 layers of decorating?

Trusted Contributor

I loved the show Linda Dano had with that other lady on Lifetime but I can't remember the name of that show but watched daily.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse  Me, too !! Remember "Design on a Dime"? One of my favorites.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

@GenXmuse  Me, too !! Remember "Design on a Dime"? One of my favorites.

Yes!!!  I watched these shows all afternoon. Wish they were have a channel where they played these oldies but goodies!

I watched Room by Room and got a kick out of Matt and Shari. He was so goofy and it was just fun watching them play off each other. It is unapologetic in its simplicity. 

I also liked Joan Steffand on Decoratijg Cents. Her voice is so relaxing!  

Divine Design was great with Candace Olson

I liked Designing for the Sexes. The host was just so jolly!  Hosts just seemed more real back then and less stylized. They all seem to be the same now.

Designer's challenge was fun too to guess which one they would pick. 

These shows were simple, fun and less gimmicky and "Hollywood". 

I seem to like the Canadian based shows best.