Frequent Contributor

Re: Christmas is gone, time for winter

On 1/1/2014 devababy said:

Happy New Year everyone and I hope for a better new year for everyone and their furbabies.

For Sam29, yes, the flameless candles work great in outdoor lanterns, but, remember to get the resin type outdoor lanterns. I live in central Texas and dumb me put regular wax type outdoor flameless candles in my lanterns. And, then because of the heat, they started to melt. So, be sure they are resin and in our 100 temps, the resin work great. Enjoy.

I love all the pics, thank you for posting. I have many outdoor lanterns and have put rocks, snapped off pieces of tree limb and have taken a spring floral garland and cut it up and put it in a lantern with the candles. Anything works great.

Thanks for the tip about the resin....I would never have thought of that! Happy New Year!
Contributor

So much of my holiday decorating consists of white & silver garlands,etc with lots of snowmen everywhere so other than taking down the tree and a few Santas my winter decorating is pretty much done. I leave the gingerbread things in the kitchen for a while too since I enjoy them so much.

Super Contributor

My Christmas tree is still in great shape, it hasn't started to drop needles. I'm so happy about that. My tree has hundreds of snowflakes on it and it's so pretty, I'm keeping it up until I have to take it down.

I love decorating for the winter. It's the most beautiful time of the year. But then again I love snow.

Respected Contributor

For us it's time to decorate for Mardi Gras. Change the ornaments on the tree from burgundy and gold to purple, green and gold. The wreath on the front door includes the happy/sad masks in ceramic, with lots of the three Mardi Gras colors worked in with ribbons & berries.

It's a fun time for decorating in the New Orleans area.

Super Contributor

On 1/1/2014 pink dogwood said:

Christmas is gone and so is the winter solstice.

It's time for S P R I N G !!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Days are already getting longer!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta long ways to go before its Spring. Winter isn't even a month old yet. So I'm going to continue to make it as festive as I possibly can. As long as there isn't so many gray days and we can see the sun, not so bad. Kind of ease in to the pollen and allergy season lol ..warm temps yes.

Honored Contributor

I'm ready for Spring too!!!

Super Contributor

On 12/31/2013 momtodogs said:

Love the decorating ideas, thanks!

You can find all those pictures and more on Pinterest. I have several of those in my decorating ideas!
Honored Contributor

In winter, I love the birds. A cardinal against the snow, is beautiful. The other thing, butterflies of lots of color. With snow, we need contrast.

Super Contributor

Have lantern idea! Now need a vignette for table in front of LR window:

Honored Contributor

I like winter... Spring is fine, but I prefer fall and winter and besides, spring is followed by summer, which I can do without...

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...