Contributor
What happened to Walmart's candles? They carried a brand that smelled good and was affordable. Home something. I don't see anything worth buying anymore. What's good out there? BBW used to be good...can't really smell them anymore.
Esteemed Contributor

I've been using Kohl's soy candles for about three or four years. Sugar Cookie is fantastic !  I order on line usually and they were $5.99 when I got mine a few weeks ago. The % off on their home page usually covers the shipping.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@abigailsmom

Are you thinking of Better Homes & Gardens candles?

Trusted Contributor

That's why I went to melts. They seam to have a stronger fragrance that you can smell throughout your home.

Respected Contributor

I think it depends on each Walmart.  I live within three, and all three carry different levels of stock with the BH&G line.  I am a tart lover & love restocking when I go to Walmart.  

Honored Contributor

BBW is Bath and Body Works?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

BBW is Bath and Body Works?

Yes

Honored Contributor

I've had good luck with the BBW 3-wick candles and have a small stockpile.  I like them a and feel they give a decent amount of "scent throw".  I will use or gift what I have, but I have also converted to a warmer and wax tarts or cubes for safety reasons.  IMO, after the initial investment for the warmer(s), tarts or cubes IMO are more economical too.