Occasional Contributor

Re: Candles to Burn Between Now & Autumn

I found a good one at Meijer, called Autumn at the Beach by Yankee. I haven't seen them anywhere else, including Yankee stores.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 TN halfback said:
On 8/28/2014 corita said:

This is a "why" question regarding candles. Why is it that candle companies do not use candle name (scent) labels that peel off?? I often display my candles on a plate/tray, rather than a container. It drives me crazy to see that ugly white/tan colored label on the side of what could be a pretty, glass candle jar. I have tried to scrub those darn labels off, but most are stuck on for the candle's lifetime!! The name label could just a easily be put on the bottom of the candle. Any ideas????

Lighter fluid! I've used it for years to remove labels. The one in the small can (Ronsonol) not what you use to light charcoal.

Thanks....will try it!!

Respected Contributor

On 8/28/2014 corita said:

This is a "why" question regarding candles. Why is it that candle companies do not use candle name (scent) labels that peel off?? I often display my candles on a plate/tray, rather than a container. It drives me crazy to see that ugly white/tan colored label on the side of what could be a pretty, glass candle jar. I have tried to scrub those darn labels off, but most are stuck on for the candle's lifetime!! The name label could just a easily be put on the bottom of the candle. Any ideas????

Goo Gone. No home should be without it Smile.

Honored Contributor

I have started burning a few of the Fall candles. I know it's too soon but they smell so good lol.

Esteemed Contributor

BBW Bergamot Woods,is a nice transition into Fall from Summer, love it. And FLANNEL is back. Yea!!! My absolute favorite at BBW.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

BB&Beyond Farmstand Apple. Used to be a Fan of Yankee Macintosh but Farmstand smells exactly like it but the fragrance lasts longer and fills your whole home. I buy the plug ins and they are stronger than Yankee. Also like the Heirloom Pumpkin from BB & B. The candles there also don't even have to be lit and they fill the room.