Trusted Contributor

Can anyone recommend a good hand held steam cleaner for furniture?

I am in the market for a hand held steam cleaner to clean furniture for the interior and outdoor furniture.  Can anyone recommend a good one?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a good hand held steam cleaner for furniture?

I can't make any steamer recs but I bought the Bissell Lift-off carpet cleaner when it was an HSN special value.

The main part lifts off and becomes portable. I've used it on outdoor cushions and car interiors, along with various places on the carpet that need spot cleaning from pet messes. It really does the job  and is one of my best HSN purchases.

Hmmm, in re-reading your post - are you looking to clean the cushions or the support pieces made of metal or plastic? I also have a small Bissell hand-held steam cleaner that I purchased at Target but I've not used it on furniture.

Hubby uses a pressure clean for that type of cleaning.

Super Contributor

Re: Can anyone recommend a good hand held steam cleaner for furniture?

Don't know if it still goes by the same name, but my Bissel Little Green Steam Machine works great on indoor upholstered furniture and rugs. Have had mine for years and still going strong. Has a built in hose and attachment for upholstery. I do us the Bissel cleaner in it and am careful to purchase only that. I do clean mine after every use. Would not hesitate to buy another when mine kicks the bucket. Hope this helps.