Honored Contributor

@SANNA,  that is one beautiful kitchen you have! 

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the bird prints (maybe it's because I'm in a coastal area?) so I have a sincere question for those of you who hate the prints. Is it that you hate bird prints in general, or do you just not like them in the kitchen?  Also, do you dislike birds, or just prints of them?  Inquiring minds want to know lol. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

It looks good in this kitchen but I would get tired of it quickly.  I have seen a dark green on bottom and lighter color like an off white on top that I like.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I absolutely love this kitchen!  (minus the "very ornate") hood.  The colors used are different but so pretty, the style, the framed photos, floor - everything gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags 

I'm like you, I love coastal birds (most birds in fact) .. most coastal themes are a "yes" for me Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I'd take this kitchen just the way it is .... in a heartbeat. I love it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue in the Kitchen...

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

Stove is a double - extra wide - like commercial.  It would look silly if you had a tiny stove hood mounted over a stove of that size.

And..........all burners can utilize the venting system with it same size as stove.

@fthunt  Actually, although I was one who suggested a smaller hood, I think you're right. The stove is too large for anything smaller. I think perhaps had they contained themselves a bit more with the several layers of molding at ceiling level, the hood might have worked better for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Like some others of you, beautiful as most shades of blue are, it's not one of my favorite choices for decorating and yet I'm smitten with this French blue shade and finish... As always, there are thing I'd change... I'm not loving the cabinet hardware and while I don't mind the bird prints, as some of you do, I'd have probably chosen something else... I very much like the floors and while I like the large pieces of pottery, I might opt to try to find places for them on the counters rather than on the floor where, as others have suggested, I'd be almost certain to bump into them... I like that this kitchen is light and bright and I very much like the white counters with the pretty blue cabinetry juxtaposed against them... I understand the desire some have for more substantial window coverings, as I'm usually a curtain person, but I'm actually alright with the shades and fixed valences at top... All things taken together, I'd very much like to have this kitchen...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I love blue - my favorite color. When our kitchen was redone, I found the perfect navy blue to paint the walls. The counters/island were white corian and they inset a strip of the blue on the outer edge.

My kitchen was huge with plenty of windows and an 8' slider. The island itself was 12' so the blue strip really looked lovely.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@SANNA,  that is one beautiful kitchen you have! 

Thank you very much! Sorry for the late respond, the work is crazy these days!

Have a wonderful, healthy and peaceful Thanksgiving!