Trusted Contributor

Bath and Body Works Halloween House 2016

[ Edited ]

Has anyone purchased or received this years' Halloween House Luminary? It is pretty expensive, $79.50. It is quite large but very cute. It seems every year they get larger and more expensive! 

Sorry, I see there is another thread on the Holiday forum! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Bath and Body Works Halloween House 2016

@TexasMom1That's okay.  We can have threads on both forums.  I'm glad to hear that you were underwhelmed with the appearance of the ceramic house because I had already decided to skip buying one this year.  I don't do a lot of Halloween decorating anyway, so it wasn't that hard to forgo this purchase.

I stopped buying the Christmas houses last year.  I thought last year's was so cute, but it was a different feeling from the Slatkin versions, so I was able to tell myself that I didn't need it for my collection.  I've gotten lazy about bringing all of the Christmas decor out because I hate the work of putting it away.  My storage area is terribly hard to access.

Respected Contributor

I saw it, was not a fan. I use my large pumpkin from about ten years ago. I scraped out the remnants of the wax and place a small candle inside. It works for Halloween and Thanksgiving! I got burned buying the metal soap bottle covers then they changed the shapes of the bottles! I did get the large turkey, tho a few years back as I hosted that holiday every year and it matched my dishes! Other than that, I usually only buy a new candle every year.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

@Imadickens I was so upset when they pulled that switch on the bottle shapes right after I had bought some metal covers.  I kept my old covers with a bottle that fits each one and refill the old bottle with new soap.  I refuse to buy new covers.

Trusted Contributor

Can someone post a pic of this please?  I typed in B&BW Halloween House 2016 and too many pics popped up for me to know which one is this new one.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

pBBW1-24687997v275.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Imadickens I was so upset when they pulled that switch on the bottle shapes right after I had bought some metal covers.  I kept my old covers with a bottle that fits each one and refill the old bottle with new soap.  I refuse to buy new covers.

Ahh, you are a savvy shopper! I didn't think that far ahead!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Trusted Contributor

Ha! I also saved the old bottles to refill!

I was in one time to purchase new soaps and tried one in one of the holders and it did not fit. I was so mad!

Good thing I had several bottles in reserve. What a rip off to change the shape of the bottles!

I need to pull out my Halloween house from a few years ago. I think I may even have two!

Trusted Contributor

I do the same thing with my pump hand soaps! 

One of my favorite Halloween houses is the Haunted Barn! I have started Fall decorating a bit,but really do most of it October 1st. That is when I put out the Halloween houses. I use battery operated flameless candles with timers and just love to see them all lit up. This is definitely my favorite time of year! Enjoy the season, ladies!