Esteemed Contributor

Are you getting the stink bug attack?

Oh for crying out loud, I think they are worse this year than last.  Open a door and several mating pair decide this would be a good place to overwinter.

Last year, nice Maria (aka curly white dog) advised to not vacuum them, but I am having to, due to the sheer volume.  

I hate the buzzing.  Bees, OK.  At least they make honey.  Stinkers, no real reason for you except to destroy crops and bother people.

Cogito ergo sum
Super Contributor

Re: Are you getting the stink bug attack?

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Oh for crying out loud, I think they are worse this year than last.  Open a door and several mating pair decide this would be a good place to overwinter.

Last year, nice Maria (aka curly white dog) advised to not vacuum them, but I am having to, due to the sheer volume.  

I hate the buzzing.  Bees, OK.  At least they make honey.  Stinkers, no real reason for you except to destroy crops and bother people.

I don't know what they are, but it sounds gross

Honored Contributor

I just hope those little beauties never move West.  We never had them when I lived in Pa.  I understand they arrived in Allentown in a shipment of imported goods.  That's why they spray those containers and make our imported goods stink.  They must have missed one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Same here!! I have a stick bug convention every day on my sliding door screen!! I had 2 that somehow got into the house and were on the cathedral ceiling in the family room!!

Honored Contributor

I never heard of stink bugs until I began reading these boards. I'm glad we don't have them!

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

My husband and I went to the Great Smoky Mountains last week for our vacation.  The stink bugs were everywhere !!  All over the deck of the cabin. .YUK  We also have them where we live but I rarely see one.  They sure do stink.

Honored Contributor

Not too bad so far.  Haven't found any inside yet.  And I've only seen them on window screens on a handful of days when the windows were open.  Otherwise, I haven't noticed them at all (which is a pleasant surprise). 

Honored Contributor

UGH!!!!!  I hate these things MORE than I do spiders and that's saying something!!!!!!!!

Luckily I haven't had but a couple in my house, specifically our master bdroom this year.  And yes I do suck them up sometimes with my vac especially if they're up high on my window ledge.

I don't know why they tend to hang in our bedroom.  Makes me freak out.  I find a few in my 2 spare bdrooms and my bathrm upstairs.  It's odd.  I am ALWAYS on the lookout for them.

Valued Contributor

They are really bad here in N E Ohio. I kill dozens every day. What a shame that they were brought in from overseas, we really don't need any more pests.

Honored Contributor

I was wondering why you shouldn't vac up the stink bugs?I have seen the odd one here in Wa. Sate but I guess our winters are too cold for them .I have never seen them on my windows or in the house yet.?