Respected Contributor

Anyone here try one of the 'newer' version of Swiffer mops

I was looking at some of the "newer, greener" versions of the Swiffer mops like the Libman Freedom mop.

I was surprised at how many versions there are out there!

Have anyone tried one?

Any tips or comments to share?

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone here try one of the 'newer' version of Swiffer mops

@Abrowneyegirl I bought just the Swiffer broom and then I buy the Dollar Tree (3 for $1,00) Microfiber Cloths for the floors in my house, they are washable and reusable over and over, I have had mine for nearly 3 years and I still use mine, I do wash & air dry.

I also use them to dust, clean the countertops in my kitchen & bathroom, and for wet mopping on isolated spills/muddy foot prints etc. on my floors in the house. I also use them for outdoor cleaning in the summer/fall/spring.

You cannot beat the price!

Honored Contributor

I bought the Libman version several years ago and love it, it's still going strong!

I like that I can fill it with whatever solution I need for hardwood floors and for vinyl.

The pads are machine washable and hold up very well. I also bought a 2 pack of the extra pads, so I could switch out when I move to a different type of floor surface.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Have never used a Swiffer anything, but love my Don Aslett microfiber mop. It never made sense for me to buy things I have to throw away, just to buy more. We seem to have enough of that in our lives everyday. 

These do require rinsing in the sink or a bucket, and getting your hands in the dirt and germs, but they double as dry dusting or wet moping, and I've used them on the siding outside, as well as washing the walls in the garage. I wouldn't do that inside the house, but I suppose some people might use them for that as well. 

http://www.qvc.com/Don-Asletts-Super-size-Microfiber-Mop-with-8-Washable-Pads.product.V33533.html?sc...

v33533.001 (450×400)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to have the libman mop. I loved it. You can just throw the pads in the washer. I bought a couple extra so when was dirty. It's also great because you can use any cleaning solution or just plain water. Rubbermaid also makes one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer the Aslett mops which are a microfiber pad that I wet & wring out then clean the floors. I can then toss the pad in the washing machine and use it over & over.I don't understand why Mominohio says she wouldn't use them in the house - they are intended to be used inside the house.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I prefer the Aslett mops which are a microfiber pad that I wet & wring out then clean the floors. I can then toss the pad in the washing machine and use it over & over.I don't understand why Mominohio says she wouldn't use them in the house - they are intended to be used inside the house.

I said I wouldn't use them to wash WALLS inside the house @151949.

It's just a personal preference, as I don't feel the walls would get properly cleaned with the mop. I HAVE used it on my garage walls and on siding outside that I can't reach without a ladder, but I don't like the idea of washing walls inside with the mop, although I know some people would find it easier than doing it on ladders or step stools by hand.

I do use it on floors inside.

Respected Contributor

Would the Don Aslett mop above be good for doing an entire tile floor (family room, kitchen, foyer, halls)? Or is it better suited for smaller areas?

That may sound like a dumb question, but I'm curious if I used it for the main living area would I use several of the pads during one cleaning session or rinse the pad after each section, which I think would be a messy hassle - taking off the wet head, rinsing and wringing it out and putting it back on, repeat?
Valued Contributor

I have been trying to find a better deal on a set like this in stores or other places online and still haven't, even with shipping added. Have you had any problems with the handle at all or seen anything comparable in stores?

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
Would the Don Aslett mop above be good for doing an entire tile floor (family room, kitchen, foyer, halls)? Or is it better suited for smaller areas?

That may sound like a dumb question, but I'm curious if I used it for the main living area would I use several of the pads during one cleaning session or rinse the pad after each section, which I think would be a messy hassle - taking off the wet head, rinsing and wringing it out and putting it back on, repeat?

I use one or two pads on small rooms, like a tile floor in a bath (I do a few rooms once the mop is out).  I would probably use at least two pads for a larger area.  I wet them and spray a cleaner on the floor and that's it.  It's faster than setting up my steam mop ( which I also like).