Honored Contributor

Anyone have knowledge on the Shark Sonic Duo?

I am thinking of getting one but wonder about the solution it requires and also about if it is really as good as the commercials would have me believe. Wal-Mart sells the unit, but not the solution, I wonder how expensive that is and how much solution it takes to clean a normal size carpet. Thanks for any info anyone can pass along.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have knowledge on the Shark Sonic Duo?

No one owns this floor cleaner and has any info to share? Ok, thanks anyway.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry I can't help you. It looks like a fantastic product though, and I do own the Shark Lift Away Vacuum. I love that vacuum. Maybe one day I can get the sonic cleaner. I have tile in my kitchen and the grout is so hard to clean.

Respected Contributor

I have the Shark Sonic Duo and love it but I only use it on hard floors. I don't have any carpet. This machine is really good for the hard floors. The solution is easy to mix with a soft scent. The machine feels like it propels itself. It makes it so easy to wash my hard floors. I am still on the original bottle of the solution but I bought some on Amazon and it was not expensive. It seems to last a long time. I would recommend this product for hard floors but read the reviews for carpet if that is your cleaning intention. The last time I looked QVC had a good price with easy pay and I believe they give you the larger solution bottles.
Valued Contributor

My Mom's best friend ordered the Shark Sonic Duo after seeing a late night infomercial. She lives in Chicago but has a condo here in San Diego. She loves it so much that she bought another one for her SD condo. She showed it to my Mom who decided she wanted one too. She just got it and hasn't had a chance to use it. However, I'm thinking about using it on my linoleum kitchen floor. When I get a chance to use it I'll try to remember to post a review. HTH
Frequent Contributor

Hi Snickster. I recently purchased the Shark Sonic Duo at Costco--currently being offered at a great sale price. I am undecided if I will keep it. I used it on my kitchen wood floor and I found that it felt like it really should be doing great job of cleaning the floor with all of the sonic activity! The pad looked dirty, but when I went back and wiped a wet cloth over a couple of areas of the floor it still picked up plenty of dirt .{#emotions_dlg.crying}

There are many positive reviews on this, but I also read a review at I believe Costco dot com that stated the same thing as I had found. The reviewer stated you would think it would clean really well, but he had the same result I did after the cleaning of the floor and finding it was still dirty. He remarked that because the dirt had nowhere to go, the pad would just redeposit the dirt back on the floor again.

I am going to try it again in the kitchen in the next few days in order to make a final decision on whether I keep it or not. I didn't use the polish solution yet because the floor wasn't clean enough. I am also going to try cleaning our carpeted steps. The carpet in the living room had a couple of spots that I used the pretreater on that came with the Sonic and then used the Sonic about 10 minutes later as recommended. It did an okay job on those but I was a bit disappointed that it didn't remove the spots fully (but our daughter's boyfriend brought his rug doc over and removed the rest of the spots completely)!

I'd say it may be worth a try and definitely if you belong to Costco that would be the place to go at around 169 I believe and Costco's great return policy. I am done with steam cleaners. I've had two Haan in the past 5 years and they wont be getting any more of our business. Don't know if this would aid in your decision making, but just thought I would post my thoughts.

(edited for spelling)

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I am still undecided whether I will purchase, but your replies help. It is my understanding that the carpet gets cleaner each time you use it, so since I shampoo about once a month anyway (I have a dog), and spot clean more often, that part wouldn't bother me. I do wonder about how wet the carpet will be right after using since there is no suctioning up the cleaner solution, and how long it takes to dry.

Respected Contributor

The cleaner sprays out very lightly so there is not super wet areas. I do love mine since I have 2 dogs and 4 birds it helps. I love that you can wash the pads. I hate using a mop with dirty water. I bought the spin mop and it broke the first time I used it. One of the worst purchases I ever made the spin mop.