Occasional Contributor

Re: Anyone Regret Getting A Memory Foam Mattress?

Temperpedic is absolutely the best mattress. We have purchased 2 for our home and another 2 for our married children.No other mattress can compare.

Esteemed Contributor

Memory foam can be a buyer beware game. Some of the merchandise being sold as memory foam is simply a thin layer of actual memory foam adhered to some other squishy fiber which in some instances is just thick foam rubber, polyester, or some other type of blend. When you buy a high quality memory foam brand such as Tempur-Pedic the foam is 100% viscose memory.

I have a very firm mattress and some days that's what my body needs. Most days my body prefers enveloping feel of the memory foam. Instead of changing my mattress a few years ago I invested in a Tempur-Pedic topper. I have never awakened regretting the purchase. Yes, at $400, it was expensive for a topper, but for my money that $400 was better used toward many nights of great sleep, rather than on than on another designer handbag.

Super Contributor

I could never have one. I have back issues and would never be able to get up and turn over being sunk into foam. I have to have a firm mattress that I lay on top of so I can get up and turn over.