Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Regret Getting A Memory Foam Mattress?

Wasted a lot of money on one. Felt great at first but then it caused me more aches and pains.

Regular Contributor

I got one from the Q about ten years ago. Polypedic or something like it and it was horrible! I did get stuck in it, it was hot and smelled. Finally the Q did pick it up and refund me. I said never again, but we visited friends in Scotland last year and they had a Temperpedic and we really loved it. I think if you go that route, get a Temperpedic. Not all foam is alike. After our first experience I bought a top of the line Sleep Number bed and love it!
Honored Contributor

I would never be without foam, BUT I would also never be without a 3" cool topper from COSTCO and, most important, a CuddlEwe on top of that. Ours smelled for a day or 2, then no smell. I have Fibro, and my current arrangement is the best combination I've ever tried. Nothing is warm in our beastly winters or cool in our brutal summers, but the CuddlEwe helps a lot. I think foam does need to be replaced every 7 or so years, but I also know that we kept our original top of the line ROCK HARD mattress much longer than we should have.
Esteemed Contributor

We have a basic Tempur-pedic on the platform that goes with it, right on the floor. Had it for at least five years, and get a great night's sleep on it. It might have smelled in the very beginning, but certainly not now. It's firm but supportive (no permanent depressions), and though they are not cheap (but what good mattress is inexpensive?), if and when we need a new one, it will be a Tempur-pedic. I have allergies and I have no reason the believe the mattress has made them worse.

Nice, too, that when hubby makes his nightly excursions to the loo there is no movement to disturb me. No squeaking bed either, if you catch my drift.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I have had mine for 8 years. I sleep like a baby. Love it!

Respected Contributor

When I see that much foam rubber, all I can think about is how that stuff tends to dry out and crumble....couldn't imagine a whole mattress doing that.....I love my Serta that I bought at JCP.

Respected Contributor

I don't know about a memory foam, but I have a Sleep Number bed and it's my best purchase ever. (Not purchased from QVC).

Regular Contributor

I've had a tempurpedic for about 5 years and I love it. No odors and feel like I'm sleeping on a cloud. Am in my mid sixties and have gotten used to the effort needed to change postions. Figure it is good for my muscle tone! In fact it now feels effortless. Does not feel too warm for me and I sleep soundly. No sagging either. Would never go back to regular mattresses.

Super Contributor

The reason there are so few complaints regarding memory foam mattresses is because the people who bought them and used them have fallen into a foam cavern from which there is no return.

Respected Contributor

absolutely NOT LOL.. We had a 4"" topper and ordered a whole new bed..14"" foam mattress with the gel top and 8"" foam foundation..BEST THING WE HAVE DONE..

OMG HEAVEN! LOL