Honored Contributor

Re: Another bathroom curiosity

Since the early 80's I have lived in several homes that had bathrooms (without the bath) off the garage and one was even in the laundry room with the washer and dryer.  Having these third bathrooms while our son was growing up and playing outside and while his Dad did yard work was very nice.  I liked the ease and convenience of it while cooking in the kitchen for myself.

We never had one in the home we owned and returned to after several transfers but we always looked for this feature in our temporary rentals. 

Even if you do not have small children you will find if it is available it will be used and come in handy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I would go for the laundry room FOR SURE!

Honored Contributor

@violann...our home is a 2 story with 2.5 baths. There are two full baths upstairs and a 1/2 bath down.

Coming in from our garage is a small entry way to the right is a door, behind the door is a laundry room that contains enough space for full size washer, dryer, sink and stool.....I keep the door closed to the 'laundry room' because opposite the entry way is my kitchen/family room, even tho the laundry is far enough away from the kitchen, I just prefer the door just slightly ajar. 

I rarely use that bathroom and generally send people up stairs to a nice bath room but some guests just use the down stairs bathroom.  I have made the room into a fairly nice space but still prefer guests go up, but not everyone wants to climb the stairs!

To answer your question unless you cannot get your washer/dryer in that room I would leave the bath fixtures intact, and since your home is a ranch, climbing stairs is not an issue.