Esteemed Contributor

I ordered from Amazon Prime Pantry yesterday.  How was your experience buying from the "Pantry". How did your products arrive?

TIA

Super Contributor

I ordered last month and was extremely pleased. The packing was excellent and nothing was crushed or dented. Had big items and lots of mid sized--cleaning supplies, cold medication, kleenexes, etc.Came in the 2 days advertised. It was heavy for me so I unloaded it on the front porch and carried things in a few pieces at a time. I can see it as being a huge benefit in the winter when I can't get to the store easily.

I have a friend who isn't computer savvy and lives alone, plus she is 86 and not real well. I often by the Cat Who books and Paris tea and have them shipped to her and I have decided that this might be something great for sending her things she loves, like some of their gourmet groceries.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for bringing this up nutmeg3.  I never really looked into this as I didn't think it would really apply to me but I just may take a look and see if I can participate.

Honored Contributor

They come in a giant box. I used this last year when I was visiting my parents for two weeks over Christmas. I bought a bunch of items I would need while there (deodorant, toilet paper, toothpaste, tampons, tissues, etc) and shipped it all there so it arrived before I did. My mom hasn't been able to drive for nearly two years now because she gets dizzy spells and my dad still works and is very busy. Sending those things ahead meant I didn't have to pack some things and they didn't have to do extra shopping.

Respected Contributor
I've been eyeing this for awhile but haven't tried it yet. Some of the prices are very comparable to prices in my area, and then some are way higher. I stay stocked up on things so I haven't really found enough to order yet but I think I'm gonna give it a try soon.
Respected Contributor

I have also wondered about Prime Pantry.  What are some of the things you order that are a good deal?

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Pantry

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I have also wondered about Prime Pantry.  What are some of the things you order that are a good deal?

Thanks

I found the only thing not a good buy was paper towels. I can buy them at the supermarket.

You should find a supermarket in your area that has online ordering  and compare prices.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

They come in a giant box. I used this last year when I was visiting my parents for two weeks over Christmas. I bought a bunch of items I would need while there (deodorant, toilet paper, toothpaste, tampons, tissues, etc) and shipped it all there so it arrived before I did. My mom hasn't been able to drive for nearly two years now because she gets dizzy spells and my dad still works and is very busy. Sending those things ahead meant I didn't have to pack some things and they didn't have to do extra shopping.

This was an awesome idea! In addition to the things you mentioned, it allowed you some more time with your folks rather than a trip to the store once you arrived.

That might make a great gift for someone like your mom, who has to wait for someone to take her out, to send her a box of things you know she uses, every now and then. It will reduce the number of times she has to wait to go shopping, and lighten the load when they do go out.

If my mom didn't live next door to me, I'd definitely consider sending her care packages in this manner.

Honored Contributor

After looking through this, I wish this was around when I was caring for my mom.  It would have been a huge help to have everything delivered to the house.  One less thing to think about and so much time saved.

Now that it's just me, I can't see this being a good option for me since I need so much less but I could see where this could be a great idea for a lot of people (including the great ideas people have shared on this thread, thank you for that).

Respected Contributor

I get several items on Amazon subscription services.  I can't get them locally and find that the prices are better, so I just get them delivered each month.  My sister also got many of the baby's things on subscription like diapers and wipes since we don't get those great sales larger cities have.

I'll check out the Prime Pantry and see if things that I use are there and avaliable for good prices.  Thanks for the topic.