Valued Contributor

ATTN: SHOPR RE: Joann's Paper Houses..

Did you order any yet? I see they are $8.99 today. I paid $10.49 for mine but I got free shipping that day. Anyway, I went to my store yesterday and was really disappointed in the ones they had. Several were almost an inch smaller than mine that I got, and I really think the price is too high for those. Just wanted to give you a HU so you wouldn't be disappointed. I was really looking forward to getting a couple others for different scenes, but I'll just be satisfied with the one I got as it is by far the nicest. HTH

Honored Contributor

Re: ATTN: SHOPR RE: Joann's Paper Houses..

Thanks for the HU.  Before they were 30% off, now it's 40%.  Sounds like you had good luck with the ones you ordered.  The ones I saw in the store weren't all in good condition - minor things like crooked steeples, etc.  For that reason, I'd feel more comfortable selecting mine at the store (rather than ordering).

Valued Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Thanks for the HU.  Before they were 30% off, now it's 40%.  Sounds like you had good luck with the ones you ordered.  The ones I saw in the store weren't all in good condition - minor things like crooked steeples, etc.  For that reason, I'd feel more comfortable selecting mine at the store (rather than ordering).

Normally I like to pick things out in person, too, but the one I wanted wasn't available in my store. There's a feature online that tells you that, so I decided just to order (it was free ship that day) and if I didn't like it I could return it to my store. I was very pleased with the one I got and posted that here with the measurements which weren't stated online. I assumed the others would be the same size as they were the same price. The ones that I saw in the store were definately not as nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much for the additional information, @country gal.  I appreciate it.  I would really like the house that you bought, especially now that you have seen some of the others and find the red one to be made better. 

I am going to get my cloche out and try to figure out if this house (you said it is 4" tall x 3" wide) will fit, along with a small tree or two and maybe something else.  I assume it is also 3" deep or less?

Even with the additional 20% off Moonlight Madness sale (see website)  going on right now, it still costs a little more than you paid. 

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Thanks so much for the additional information, @country gal.  I appreciate it.  I would really like the house that you bought, especially now that you have seen some of the others and find the red one to be made better. 

I am going to get my cloche out and try to figure out if this house (you said it is 4" tall x 3" wide) will fit, along with a small tree or two and maybe something else.  I assume it is also 3" deep or less?

Even with the additional 20% off Moonlight Madness sale (see website)  going on right now, it still costs a little more than you paid. 

I think you would really like the one I got..it's so "stinkin' cute" lit up. Although I did realize later that because it doesn't have a timer that I would have to take it out of my cloche scene each time to turn it on and off.Or just leave it on all the time and see how long the batteries last.

The actual measurement is 4' tall x 3 1/2 wide x 3" deep.

I would love to have the larger version but it probably wouldn't fit in any cloche I have. Would just place it on a shelf or the mantle. I'll watch for a sale and maybe free ship at the same time for that one. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the exact measurements, @country gal.  I measured the inside space of my cloche, up a few inches from the bottom where it narrows, and I only have about 5-1/2 inches of space there to put things.  Hmmm.  Now I'm not sure if this size house will even work if I try to pair it with other things like slim trees or small animals.  I'm going to have to do some thinking.  

By the way, is there any chance that you or @ValuSkr saw either this fawn or this squirrel in your store?  I would like to buy one or the other when or if I get the house, but I don't want a giant monster animal compared to the house size.  LOL

Holiday Cheer Mini Deer Figurine

Holiday Cheer Mini Squirrel Figurine

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Thanks for the exact measurements, @country gal.  I measured the inside space of my cloche, up a few inches from the bottom where it narrows, and I only have about 5-1/2 inches of space there to put things.  Hmmm.  Now I'm not sure if this size house will even work if I try to pair it with other things like slim trees or small animals.  I'm going to have to do some thinking.  

By the way, is there any chance that you or @ValuSkr saw either this fawn or this squirrel in your store?  I would like to buy one or the other when or if I get the house, but I don't want a giant monster animal compared to the house size.  LOL

Holiday Cheer Mini Deer Figurine

Holiday Cheer Mini Squirrel Figurine

I plan on putting my house in the center, where my cloche is the tallest and putting the small bb trees in the backround and to the side where the cloche curves and isn't as tall. I need a small deer or cardinals to place to the side also or in the foreground as long as it doesn't hide the house. Just a simple scene with the house as the focal point. 

I didn't have a lot of time to look as I had my granddaughter with me and she was more interested in showing me Halloween stuff. I'll check the next time I go there and HL might carry miniatures also. Cute squirrel!

Esteemed Contributor

Your plan sounds nice, cg.  I had hoped to do something similar, but my cloche's narrow size isn't going to allow much inside.  I'm going to stick with it, though, because I don't want to invest in another one due to storage issues. 

Honored Contributor

Hi SHOPR.  I don't remember seeing them but then again I was only looking at the houses.  So the animals are really small - in scale with the houses?  Maybe I can return to Joann's this weekend and look for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Hi SHOPR.  I don't remember seeing them but then again I was only looking at the houses.  So the animals are really small - in scale with the houses?  Maybe I can return to Joann's this weekend and look for you.

It is anyone's guess what size the animals actually are, @ValuSkr.  You'd think Joann's would know that they need to provide measurements, but they don't for some odd reason.  Thanks for the reply.  I just thought I'd ask you two if you recalled seeing them.  I will eventually come up with something suitable.  I didn't use my cloche at all last year even though I had big plans when I bought it.  That happens with me a lot.  ;-)