Honored Contributor

I showed her to DH and he said he thought she should be on the other side of the lanai - there is a small area of wall where she will fit nicely,and she'll be all by herself and a real focus on her. Did you realize that some of her body is made from real shell? I am excited to get her.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 No, I didn't realize that she had some real shell in her design. I'm glad that your dh liked her, too. I think I'll have to go back and take a closer look at her on the website. It's a nice idea to place her on her "own wall". She's beautiful enough to stand out on her own.

Weekend Graphic #6

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep  She came today - She is very pretty except her face was not painted very well.DH's cousin who is an artist is going to paint her a new pretty face. Otherwise she is beautifully made. 

Our house is scheduled to be painted next week so she will be hung up after that is done. That gives his cousin some time to get her new face finished without rushing. I believe she also wants to give her hands fingers too and add some visual texture to the hair - as it is just solid brown.She'll be a real work of art when this is done.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 Oh, I'm so happy that she arrived. I wish it would have been in pristine condition, though. Smiley MadHow fortunate that you know someone that can make her gorgeous. You're so sweet to send an update.  Thank you !!!

loveit.gif

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Re: @151949 ~ Mermaids

[ Edited ]

The body and tail are beautiul. The shell part shines in the sunlight. She will be gorgeous as the person who is going to paint her is an amazing artist.She was here when the package arrived and she immediately said "I have to redo that face , I'll make her beautiful". They had her lips all crooked and her eyes are just a little dot - She will have symmetrical lips and actual eyes when she gets repainted.