Honored Contributor

Re: who decorates for valentines day

I do very little for Valentine's Day.....

I have a Valentine's Day wreath I put on my front door....

And a vase with some red roses on my dinning room table with a pretty runner....

I also hang a small valentine wreath in my kitchen....

And I have a Jim Shore cat holding a valentine heart that I put on my bookcase....along with a luminara candle on a pedestal......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

No, I won't decorate for Valentine's Day.  I'll probably be still packing up Christmas so I can decorate for Easter.  I do like the variety of decor available for Valentine's Day decorating though. 

Honored Contributor

I have something that goes on my front door and I have a couple of kitchen towels and hand towels for the bathrooms I put up but that is it.

Honored Contributor

I have a few things I put out & wreath for front door.

Although, I love to decorate for Spring /Easter🐰💐

Everything looks so fresh & refreshing! 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

No, I won't decorate for Valentine's Day.  I'll probably be still packing up Christmas so I can decorate for Easter.  I do like the variety of decor available for Valentine's Day decorating though. 

@lucymo

I haven't seen you on much lately! I was wondering if we were going to have to get the broom out and come find you buried at the bottom of a pile of Christmas decor that toppled over as you were packing up!

Hope your holidays were nice! 

I say we start making up some holidays just to keep this forum active till CIJ! 

It's almost tax season....lets think of a way to decorate and celebrate that one! LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm all into finding one of the neon Valentine's Day pieces for my new front window. This house definitely look es holidays.

Honored Contributor

I decorate for Valentines Day, though I don't have a lot of items.

I would love to find or make a few more Valentines items.

Anyone see an easy, cute heart craft we could all do???

Valued Contributor

No, I don't care for pastel colors in my decor or in my clothing.    

The soft pinks and greens and yellows of spring are wonderful out of doors.  Aside from fresh flowers, though, they don't make much of an appearance in my house.

For those who do decorate, I would love to see pictures, if you find time to post them!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

I haven't seen you on much lately! I was wondering if we were going to have to get the broom out and come find you buried at the bottom of a pile of Christmas decor that toppled over as you were packing up!

Hope your holidays were nice! 

I say we start making up some holidays just to keep this forum active till CIJ! 

It's almost tax season....lets think of a way to decorate and celebrate that one! LOL

@Mominohio  I really have been pretty much absent from the forum lately.  I just packed  up all of the Christmas decor except for the winter forest with Reindeer and the few snow people that I leave out until spring.

I have made a promise to myself that I will not decorate the same way next time.  I just had too much stuff out and it's too difficult to pack away.  I cleaned out a gallon (it seems like) of glitter from my vacuum today, what a mess.  I want to do a lot of donating when the season rolls around again, so much that I didn't even use for the past two years.  My Gdaughter wants a lot of what I have but didn't want to take it now as she'd have to put it in storage.  Well, really, what am I doing?  lol

I had a great holiday, some guest stayed  for a week.  It was a great time but tired and ready for it to be over.  I love Christmas but  just want to put everything in it's place and rest until time to head out to the gardens.  I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family and friends.  I sure enjoyed finally getting to see those antique pieces you have told us about  and also your beautiful Christmas decor, especially the tree with the framed pictures of loved ones.  So glad that you can share pictures with us now.

Your idea of finding a way to maybe decorate for tax season made me laugh just thinking of responses to that one.  It would have be cheap decor as most have no ready cash after taxes.  Maybe we could do some decoupage with copies of our  cancelled checks.  lol

I'll be on here more soon.  Glad you are holding down the fort for us right now.

Valued Contributor

I have never decorated for Valentine's Day - but I plan to, this year.  I plan to leave out all the red Christmas deorations, because they are too pretty to take down. I got so sad, thinking about taking down my Christmas decorations - so I decided to lengthen the holiday, and leave some up for Valentine's Day. I could leave the green decorations up for St. Patrick's Day.....and on and on and on....until Christmas in July 2017.