Honored Contributor

@Mominohio~

I tried the same thing last year-storing the decorations in the room I put them in when Christmas comes. It really helpsSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: still downsizing

[ Edited ]

Bought a pre-lit tree here last year. Went down in size to a 6 1/2 footer (?) and gave the old one to DS#1. We will have a little Christmas at Thanksgiving here this year as DS #2 is relocating to Europe in early Decmber. He will be here to help put the tree up Smiley Happy 

I will do the tree and my Fontanini creche in the LR as well as a few items in my FR and front hall. I have a whole Chritsmas prop room in my basement. DSs took what they wanted last year. Now the rest must go. Not the least bit tempted to buy anything,

Valued Contributor

I've been downsizing for years, too. The last tree, 3ft, will be on its way to donation with other seasonal/holiday things, too. We use our 3ft German pyramid on the hearth instead. The mantle gets the flat hemlock garland and Luminara votives and that's it. This year, I might cover the votives with the wood coverings I saw at Joanne's. Then, my husband will have his new little tree and wreath from Valerie near his recliner. I bought the Irish throw and pillow to coordinate them.  Today, I bought several sets of the micro lights to place  around. I just received the large as-is kissing balls and will hang those from two chandeliers with Valeries' bead garlands. All of it fits in one box, and the pyramid goes back in its box.

I have too much fall decor, so that's my next issue.

Respected Contributor

Re: still downsizing

[ Edited ]

I have quite a bit of harvest decor also.  Just donated a bunch. Now my fireplace mantle is mainly glass upumpkins from Fred Meyers and Pier 1 last few years.  I have no small children in my life so the cutesy stuff was the first to go.  My downfall is silk florals. Craft projects never completed..