Honored Contributor

Re: Your Holiday Home - 2015

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@PeterDM it may have been you or perhaps it was someone else that wondered if QVC would bring back those antique 18" bay leaf picks that Lisa presented last year.  I have them and was definitely looking for more.  I did find similar picks at Save-on-Crafts, and ordered some (haven't arrived yet).  In case anyone is interested.

@Caaareful Shopper Thank you for the info. Yes, I was the one who was hoping for those picks to return.  I also found some on Amazon, but haven't purchased yet.  I will check out this site.

@PeterDM The bay leaf stems from Save-on-Crafts arrived today! Although they are covered in glitter -- and I mean covered down to the bottom of the stem -- I really like these.  I ordered them in champagne.  I took them outside to shake off as much glitter as I could (I have lovely fall bushes that surely glow in the dark now). They are 16.5" in length, anywhere from 7" to 9" wide.image.jpeg

@Caaareful Shopper  LOL to the glow in the dark bushes, I would love that. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

Here is another shot.  This is the surface of a cabinet in my living room. If is topped with silver Mercury Glass trees and swirl finials along with porcelain fruit luminaries on a bed of silver cedar picks and silver and white pinecones.   A silver bay leaf garland and wreath hang on the large mirror behind.

image.jpeg

@PeterDM I see we have a very similar design aesthetic for Christmas decorating, but yours is absolutely breathtaking!!!  In comparison, mine might be considered "PeterDM-Light."   LOL  Seriously, your decorating is beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

Everything looks beautiful, @PeterDM.  It is a treat to see your decorations, and your photography is well done, too.  Excellent job, and I hope you continue to enjoy what you've created all season long. 

Trusted Contributor

Hello Peter, your all white holiday decor looks gorgeous- lit and unlit . My twins saw it and said it was beautiful  and they want that scene in our library with our Christmas tree. I have a few of the items and I hope to get the rest to put up a scene inspired by yours. I hope you don't mind it.  Thank you for sharing. Happy holidays to you and yours. 

Trusted Contributor

@anisha Your kind words mean so much to me.  I had a very tough day at work, and you just turned that all around for me.  Thank you so much.  I hope your display turns out beautifully, and I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.  

Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

Please share your Christmas and Holiday decor here!  I'm just getting started. Here is a shelf in my living room.  I attached snowy branches to the long mirror above it and put my white, lit porcelain items on a bed of white cedar picks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

truly beautiful,  love how you added the branches!  

@PeterDM wrote:

Please share your Christmas and Holiday decor here!  I'm just getting started. Here is a shelf in my living room.  I attached snowy branches to the long mirror above it and put my white, lit porcelain items on a bed of white cedar picks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

I'm lucky to have a very large kitchen.  The east and west facing walls have these windows which are each 10 feet wide.  The kitchen is very modern, so much like the rest of my home, they get a modern treatment for Christmas, too.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Regular Contributor

Hello PeterDM, thank you for sharing pics of  your holiday home.  Your home is just beautiful and your decorating skills are awesome.  Love the way you have incorporated so many themes in the winter white scheme.  Beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

image.jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~