Honored Contributor

Re: Who is looking forward to the new year?

2016 has not been a particularly good year and I will not be sorry to see it go!  I used to always get excited about starting a new year --- kind of the theory -- a fresh year --- no mistakes --- start all over again.  But now -- it's like --- another year --- and another year older.  I am not going to get my hopes up nor am I going to dwell on the past.  I am happy to still be here on this earth and pray that all my loved ones will continue to be on it, too!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio Don't get too used to that extra space with DS leaving. Mine came back home after college for 18 mos while he looked for work. An adjustment for sure when he was back home!

Have a lot of things to accomplish next year. Ideally, I'd like to work another 10 years before I retire but budget cuts always hang over our heads so better to prepare than get surprised.

Respected Contributor

I am. 2016 was busy and rough. A lot of house projects that took time and money. But the worst part was when my stepmom passed away only a few months after being diagnosed with cervical cancer.

I am hoping 2017 is less busy, less stressful. Hoping it will be good for my dad as he moves on for the second time after losing his wife.
Honored Contributor

I'd like to say that I am excitedly looking forward to it, but in reality, just another day, or year. It would be nice if I didn't hurt all the time, but with arthritis, that only gets worse, so...it is what it is. I'll get through it the best I can and hope everyone has a wonderful and happy new year, in whatever way they can.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
I'd like to say that I am excitedly looking forward to it, but in reality, just another day, or year. It would be nice if I didn't hurt all the time, but with arthritis, that only gets worse, so...it is what it is. I'll get through it the best I can and hope everyone has a wonderful and happy new year, in whatever way they can.

@Snicks1

I hear you with the chronic pain thing. I'm there too. Some days are better than others, but there is never a day I don't hurt to some extent. 

And I hate how it affects my state of mind. No matter how you battle it, the pain wears you down, and limits your life in so many ways. I just try to be grateful that I'm not any worse than I am. 

Best wishes my friend for the best possible new year and health for you!

Respected Contributor

First, I'm so happy to hear you had a nice year! Then, I'd like to tell you not to plan on too much room when your ds leaves, if he's anything like my ds! Mine married in July 2015 and we are still begging him to get the rest of his items! lol

I used to be anxious to get my house back to normal before Jan 1. There were years I took my tree down Christmas night! (It was real and was shedding badly!). It seems the older I am, I need time after the holiday to sit and enjoy what I did for the previous month! Ideally, I would undecorate December 30 but, that's not lookin' too good for this year!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Trusted Contributor

I always look forward to the New Year.

2016 was wonderful in many ways.  However, there were also some rough spots along the way too.

I know 2017 will be the same.  Life is filled with many ups and downs, no matter what year it is.  I just wish for good health and happiness for my family and friends -- that would make 2017 a successful year in my eyes!