Honored Contributor

What would be your recommendations to look for at HL?

This coming Monday I will be in the nearest city to me that has a HL, what are your favorites to look for? Of course I'll be looking at everything, but wondered what your best finds there, that would be in store this year? Thanks for your responses. I'll be checking back later.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: What would be your recommendations to look for at HL?

@Snicks1.....dumb question, what is HL

Frequent Contributor

What is HL???

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Hobby Lobby

@Snicks1  They have so much to look at, but I would start looking at the holiday aisles.

I like the holiday stakes and signs and they are different from other stores.

I find the silk flowers to be nice, but are pricier than other craft stores.

They have a good assortment of picks in the holiday section. Have fun!

Honored Contributor

Sorry @Mom2Dogs and @mackie, it is Hobby Lobby and it's the Christmas holiday decor items I am going to be looking for.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snicks1....Oh, now I get it!  The store has LOTS of stuff....it will take a while to go thru all the aisles...is there something specific you are looking for?

I see you are looking for Christmas items....you will not be disappointed....as long as they have their Christmas items out, I have not been to Hobby Lobby since this summer.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs, I have my dining room table centerpiece all set, also my tree is already pretty full. Have a new wreath for the door, so actually I don't really have anything in particular I am looking for, maybe some items for my mantle, I don't usually do much with it due to the TV hanging right over top of it, so height of anything I put there could be a problem. I thought if anyone had gotten something really fabulous there, I would want to look at it also. My Christmas decor is a more elegant look rather than whimsical, if that makes sense. TIA
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1  Just go to the holiday aisle and you will see every type of holiday decor.  Beautiful  decorative trees, reindeer, and  everything you can imagine. I think they have the best selection this year that I've seen. Plan to be there awhile so you have time to see everything.  The Holiday items have been 40% off for awhile now so hope it will be when you go. Don't forget that you can print out a coupon for 40% off on  one regular priced item or you can show cashier the coupon on your phone.  Their sale ad comes out on Sunday so you will know what's on sale

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1....I also have a large fireplace mantle but no TV in that area.  Even tho my fireplace is large fieldstone I also decorate in an 'elegant' manner as well.

You might find some tall finials to flank either side of the TV, or possibly mercury glass pedestals that you can put candles on. Even large lanterns with silver or other sparkly color  Christmas balls inside would work.

Let us know what you end up buying....also Hobby Lobby has lots of paper, tissue paper, boxes, etc it is a bit overwhelming but fun to look at!

Respected Contributor

They have outdone themselves on their Christmas decor this year - but gosh, the whole home decor section is fabulous!  I was just there today.  Enjoy your visit!