Honored Contributor

What do you 'collect' that is Christmas oriented?

[ Edited ]

Some people collect Santa's or snowmen. Some collect bells or a certain brand/style of ornament.

In the past I did the Santa thing, but have pared it down to my five favorite, the snowman thing, the same.

Some consider a 'collection' anything that is three or more of the same thing. So what do you collect that is holiday or Christmas oriented?

The one thing that I collect that is out of the ordinary, is vintage (mostly) various versions of the children's book The Night Before Christmas. I have maybe 20 different ones, most older, and display them in a beautiful sleigh each Christmas season.

I used to read the story to my son every Christmas Eve, and we started collecting them together, when he was young.  

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you 'collect' that is Christmas oriented?

For me, it's Mark Roberts Elves.  A few Fairies and a complete collection of his Angels. But my favorites are the 3 foot elves.  They are all so unique and individual. Love them. He doesn't make too many of the big guys anymore, sadly!!

Respected Contributor

I'm really not a "collector" of anything except my jewelry collection.  I do have a nice assortment of lovely tree ornaments and I try to add one or two unique ones to it each year. 

Esteemed Contributor

20 years ago I started to the collect the Madame Alexander series of ornaments that are all supposedly fashioned after her collection of dolls.  So each ornament is like a pretty dressed up doll.  I get them in the Hallmark stores and they cost around $15-$17.  I have no idea why I am collecting these.  I thought the first one was pretty so I bought it and now feel obligated to buy the next one every year.  The funny thing is that I never played with dolls, never really even liked dolls.  I don't even display these.  They are all in a box in my closet.  I keep hoping the series well end already!  I guess some day I will give them all to a Grand daughter if I am lucky to get one!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

swarovski snowflake ornaments

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have collected the Dept 56 Original Snow Village (60 buildings at one time now only about half that amount), Radko ornaments, Swarovski snowflakes, Snowbabies and Lenox figurines (holiday). Recent big passion is Lynn Haney Santa's. I have always been a Santa collector. 

Valued Contributor

I did collect Fenton glass trees until they stopped a long time ago. I have plenty. Then I have other Christmas trees that are small to medium, too.

Respected Contributor

I used to collect Santas, but that became overwhelming.  I do collect Snowmen, but I consider them to be more just winter oriented.

I like your collection of "The Night Before Christmas" books.  I have a few of them that I always put out on my coffee table.  I absolutely love Dickens "A Christmas Carol" and have most of the versions on DVD (true versions, not knock-off versions), many illustrated books of the story and a number of free-standing ornments of the different characters.

Honored Contributor

Pounds? Do extra pounds count?
Respected Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

swarovski snowflake ornaments

@jaxs mom - I love those.  Saw a swarovski tree topper a few years back that was absolutely gorgeous, the the price tag was well beyond what I would spend for a seasonal item.  There is nothing that comes close to the magic of swarovski crystals catching the tree lights IMHO.