Trusted Contributor

Re: Well, Jill sure sugar coated the changes

@Spurt Well said.  You said exactly what I wanted to say but you said it so much better :-)

Respected Contributor

I read a recent article that 82% of people buy their Christmas gifts and decor in Brick and Morter stores. I buy more now from B&M stores due to their insane sales they have. No shipping costs but my time spent and gas in my car. But I buy and get the choices to see in person and I rarely return something unless it breaks or is defective. Hard to buy online without seeing the item in person. 

Honored Contributor

I would venture to guess that Jill is as disappointed in her decor shows being cancelled as everyone else, maybe even more so.  She is handling it the way she is being told to handle it from QVC so if anyone has a problem, go to the QVC FB page and voice your complaints there.

Jill's FB page isn't her private FB page.  It's QVC's.  I wonder if they pulled the comments section down for some reason and then put it back up or if that was Jill's doing.  There is a chance it had nothing to do with the decor shows and was a coincidence.      

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I would venture to guess that Jill is as disappointed in her decor shows being cancelled as everyone else, maybe even more so.  She is handling it the way she is being told to handle it from QVC so if anyone has a problem, go to the QVC FB page and voice your complaints there.

Jill's FB page isn't her private FB page.  It's QVC's.  I wonder if they pulled the comments section down for some reason and then put it back up or if that was Jill's doing.  There is a chance it had nothing to do with the decor shows and was a coincidence.      

I agree that Jill, while she makes herself seem all important in the processes of her show and merchandise presented, is first and foremost an employee of QVC, and must do as she is instructed with everything from programming, designing, presenting, etc. 

She (and other hosts in their specialty) have us believing they have more power than they actually do (that isn't meant to be a negative slam, as they should be proud of their accomplishments). QVC is the boss, and they had the final say is what was and wan't presented. 

Be it shipping issues, low sales of home decor items, agreements with other vendors to get their items on air, or whatever, Jill is only at liberty to say so much, and people here are expecting something that will most likely not be answered directly.