Honored Contributor

Re: Well, Jill sure sugar coated the changes

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Brooklynny wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Don't you think the change was caused by the bankruptcy of Hanjin Shipping?  Lots of goods are stranded in the Pacific unable to land at US ports.  My guess is that Q feels bad about it but prefers not to bring attention to the fact that so many of their products are made in China.  Yes, everyone knows but why broadcast it.

@ValuSkr I remember last year when Jill showed a video in July advertising her shows that included a glimpse of a lit porcelain sleigh that everyone started talking about.  When July, August, and a September passed, and the sleigh was nowhere to be seen, people inquired about its whereabouts on her Facebook page.  Her response basically blamed the shipping, and she said it would hopefully show up in October. The point is, when people started asking questions on her Facebook page this week as to why the decor was eliminated from her shows, she could have just said there was a shipping issue.  She didn't need to go into details about bankruptcy or China.  This leads me to believe the has nothing to do with Hanjin Shipping.  If that was the issue, she could have used the same excuse from last year.

@ValuSkr, Jill is just the host and an employee of QVC.  She has no authority to explain anything unless Corporate allows her to do so.  I can guarantee you that this has everything to do with shipping.  Whatever else could it be??

On a similar thread a few days ago, I described my experience in trying to get a certain type of Christmas ornaments from Papyrus that I had purchased for years, every year.  The shipment from China for one particular year was full of mold, and Papyrus cancelled it.  They didn't resume selling the ornaments again for nearly three years. That's only one small example.  The Hanjin matter is entirely plausible.  

My sister has worked in a production capacity for the fashion industry for 30 years, and she has also experienced extensive delays or outright multi-million dollar losses to the companies for which she's worked -- precisely because of shipping issues from China.  Defective shoe shipments, inferior textiles, infested merchandise, embargoes, customs problems, port/dock workers' job actions, and now we see the Hanjin bankruptcy issue.

I can assure you that her customers were livid when they learned they weren't getting the merchandise they had ordered 6-8 months before.  It was not within my sister's authority to tell customers what was going on; all she could do was to take the abuse from her customers and apologize -- it was the job of Corporate to explain.  Whatever reason there may be for the sudden cancellation of decor shows, it's up to QVC to explain.  Whether they choose to do so or not isn't a host's responsibility.

@Brooklynny   When basicially the same thing happened last year Jill did say that it was due to a shipping issue.  Customers understood.  Why is it so different this year?  More than an hour's worth of metallic products have been listed in new arrivals so it does not appear to a shipping issue for the cancellation of Friday's show. 

@lucymo How dare you use logic!  The products are in a shipping container out at sea!  Johnny Depp and his pirates seized it!  Pay no attention to the fact that several metallic items were added to inventory leading up to the metallic show which was cancelled!

@RazorSharp  Oh, I'm so sorry, I just lost my head for a minute.  I totally forgot that we aren't supposed to figure out that we've been bamboozled.  It won't happen again.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

lucymo wrote: 

@RazorSharp  Oh, I'm so sorry, I just lost my head for a minute.  I totally forgot that we aren't supposed to figure out that we've been bamboozled.  It won't happen again.  LOL

@lucymo Dying.  We need to find that pirate ship.  Imagine how beautiful it must look with all that metallic decor hanging from the starboard bow.  All those rugged men on a ship decked out with silver Christmas decor.  I'm pretty sure I had a dream about this once. 

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

lucymo wrote: 

@lucymo Dying.  We need to find that pirate ship.  Imagine how beautiful it must look with all that metallic decor hanging from the starboard bow.  All those rugged men on a ship decked out with silver Christmas decor.  I'm pretty sure I had a dream about this once. 

@RazorSharp  I just asked Johnny Depp if he and the pirates hijacked the ship carrying QVC's Metallic Decor and he said they did not.  He pointed out that they only took the Poo-pourri and sent the rest on it's way, didn't have enough value. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

lucymo wrote: 

@RazorSharp  I just asked Johnny Depp if he and the pirates hijacked the ship carrying QVC's Metallic Decor and he said they did not.  He pointed out that they only took the Poo-pourri and sent the rest on it's way, didn't have enough value. 

@lucymo It's good to know they're hygienic taking all that Poo-pourri. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about Pirate's Booty.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

lucymo wrote: 

@lucymo It's good to know they're hygienic taking all that Poo-pourri. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about Pirate's Booty.

I'm sure too but I don't think we're allowed to discuss it.  If I dream about a ship all decked out in Christmas decor and manned by pirates I'll sure think of you.  Smiley Happy

@RazorSharp

Contributor

Love Jill, but this show was so disappointing. I, too, changed the station.

Respected Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

I didn't watch the show.  When I heard it was gifts instead of decor I decided to pass.  Works for me ~ no watching, no spending!  ;-)

@Julie928, BINGO!  The key sentence is, "I didn't watch the show".  A business killer for sure & the QVC employees whose 401k's will be affected due to a substantial loss of viewers/buyers should be knocking on some doors.  

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to weigh the idea of very few holiday decor shows, versus sitting through Jill's multiple presentations of those Byers Choice figures.  I'll gladly take the fewer decor shows and shop locally.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'm trying to weigh the idea of very few holiday decor shows, versus sitting through Jill's multiple presentations of those Byers Choice figures.  I'll gladly take the fewer decor shows and shop locally.

@Caaareful Shopper, LOL Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@KellKats wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Don't you think the change was caused by the bankruptcy of Hanjin Shipping?  Lots of goods are stranded in the Pacific unable to land at US ports.  My guess is that Q feels bad about it but prefers not to bring attention to the fact that so many of their products are made in China.  Yes, everyone knows but why broadcast it.

@ValuSkr I remember last year when Jill showed a video in July advertising her shows that included a glimpse of a lit porcelain sleigh that everyone started talking about.  When July, August, and a September passed, and the sleigh was nowhere to be seen, people inquired about its whereabouts on her Facebook page.  Her response basically blamed the shipping, and she said it would hopefully show up in October. The point is, when people started asking questions on her Facebook page this week as to why the decor was eliminated from her shows, she could have just said there was a shipping issue.  She didn't need to go into details about bankruptcy or China.  This leads me to believe the has nothing to do with Hanjin Shipping.  If that was the issue, she could have used the same excuse from last year.

@RazorSharp, Going along with your line of thinking above, I notice that there is a brand new item available today that matches the previously mentioned reindeer and sleighs, in all three colors, so there is at least one more possible metallic themed item that did arrive.

http://www.qvc.com/15-Antiqued-Holly-Leaves-and-Pinecones-Tree-with-Glitter-Accents.product.H209577....

@SHOPR Thank you for posting this! I have been stalking these on Zulily and they are more expensive on there - plus I see these have a lower shipping which would not be too bad if I ordered two of them. I really like the 'antiqued silver" option. Does it look to you like there is a bit of gold in them??

@KellKats, I agree that this is not a bad price, especially since the shipping is lower than usual.  I don't know what's up with that, but I hope it continues! 

I just now got to see Carolyn present these items on QVC Plus.  I missed the earlier show.  You have probably already made your decision by now.  I don't own any of these items, but I did notice a bit of a gold tone mixed in with the silver items.  I heard Carolyn say that the silver has a little gold in it.  It makes them look old or vintage as opposed to super shiny, just out of a paint can, if that makes sense. 

The more I see of these items, the more the silver is growing on me.