Honored Contributor

WHITE POINSETTIAS - LISA'S

[ Edited ]

I have these, but they came in green pot covers.  I have a red and white room, so do not want the green.  I am debating over red or white pot covers.  I am wondering if the white pot covers will look to owashed out, or stunning, could go either way.  The red would look great, but I have the red poinsettias also and they have red covers.

Opinions please. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: WHITE POINSETTIAS - LISA'S

I use red and white as my main theme for all my house.  I have many red poinsettias with the gold cover and I have a few of the white poinsettias with the green cover.  I don't mind a little of the other colors but if it bothers you I think they would look great with a red cover. 

Respected Contributor

You should be able to find these at some place like Hobby Lobby!  Buy one and bring it home to compare.  That's what I usually do.

Honored Contributor

I don't think white pot covers would look washed out because the green foliage is between the white poinsettias and the white pot covers.  I actually like the idea.

Honored Contributor

I'm going to mention here if you need more of Valeries bottle brush trees I saw them in 'as is' today in both champagne and green.  Might want to stalk that section to get some.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

You should be able to find these at some place like Hobby Lobby!  Buy one and bring it home to compare.  That's what I usually do.

The only place I have found is online and I would have to buy a case of 25.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

The only place I have found is online and I would have to buy a case of 25.

@mousiegirl  check at your local florist for the pot covers.  Just measure to see what size you need before you go.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I don't think white pot covers would look washed out because the green foliage is between the white poinsettias and the white pot covers.  I actually like the idea.

I forgot about the foilage, lucy, duh, lol. Things are in boxes and you know how that is, forgetting what you have and/or what it exactly looks like.  I only thought about the white covers last night, and I think I am going with them.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I forgot about the foilage, lucy, duh, lol. Things are in boxes and you know how that is, forgetting what you have and/or what it exactly looks like.  I only thought about the white covers last night, and I think I am going with them.

@mousiegirl  I do understand.  Sometimes, I'm even surprised when I find a box of something I forgot I had. 

Honored Contributor

Mousiegirl, I wonder if white pot covers will be hard to find.  You may have to find some heavy white paper and make them.  I saw on Pinterest, I think, how to do that.