Honored Contributor

Re: WELCOME TO MY CHRISTMAS FAIRY GARDEN

@mousiegirl

What delightful, lovely scenes you have created!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@possummink

@Winifred

@luvsbulldogs

@Puddles

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

everything is so lovely...i can't imagine how long it takes you to set it up and then take it down....i would not have the patience...

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl Wow! How lovely and detailed.

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@possummink

@Winifred

@luvsbulldogs

@Puddles

@Bird mama  Why did this work for you and not for me?

Honored Contributor

That is amazing! A winter wonderland!

Thank you for showing them~so much fun to look at!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Goodness gracious, that does indeed look like so much thought & love went into laying it out so charmingly. Wondering how long does it take you to get it just the way you want it. I would imagine you move and shift things a lot until you get it just right. Also wondering over how long a period of time you collected all the pieces and do you keep adding every year?

@shaggygirl  I collected all of the Christmas Fairy garden during the Fall and hopefully won't see anything else as it is complete enough for me. Smiley Happy  Some items are not officially fairy garden, but they are whimsical so they fit in, such as the Charming Tails, have those critters in every season.  Next year, I may do an entire display of just Charming Tails which I have had for decades but havn't displayed in a long time.

Once I get going on a display, everything seems to find it's perfect spot with only a little tweaking.  It always amazes me how this works.  As I have said before, something takes over me and off I go, lol.

It took me a while to get going on the living room tree, but all of a sudden one day, something took over and before I knew it, it all came together.

I imagine my displays when I see items to buy so that by the time I get going, I at least know what is going in what display.

I hope I won't be adding anything more to any display, but I am pretty weak when it comes to Christmas and deer. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Christmas Fairy Garden.  I would call it a Winter Fairy Garden and leave it up all winter.  For my weather it would go out right after Thanksgiving (if snow comes before even earlier) and stay out until my snow leaves in the spring.  After Christmas I would retire Santa.  I could see his boots he left outside his cottage.  He has worked hard and we understand he needs to rest.  I live in a rural area with woods and creatures all around me.  I enjoyed seeing how you have incorporated them all in your display, especially the wise white owl overlooking the gardens.  I can see and understand that it would be hard to pass up purchasing that perfect additional piece.

I would find looking at your Garden relaxing just to sit and admire.  When looking at your pictures something new appears that I missed seeing the previous time.  

I decorate with handmade critters that have been painted to look real. I buy them from a little ceramic shop about an hour away.  She has also made the larger critters I put in my flower beds.  Seeing your beautiful garden makes me want to buy more and expand my collections.

I had a mother skunk and her 3 babies made for my DIl.  She put them in the flower bed on the bank at the bottom of her driveway.  The skunks were slowing traffic and she had to move them.  It is 17 now and no snow on the ground, just dreary dark skies.  Planning a spring garden will warm up my spirits.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

@mousiegirl. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful Christmas Fairy Garden.  I would call it a Winter Fairy Garden and leave it up all winter.  For my weather it would go out right after Thanksgiving (if snow comes before even earlier) and stay out until my snow leaves in the spring.  After Christmas I would retire Santa.  I could see his boots he left outside his cottage.  He has worked hard and we understand he needs to rest.  I live in a rural area with woods and creatures all around me.  I enjoyed seeing how you have incorporated them all in your display, especially the wise white owl overlooking the gardens.  I can see and understand that it would be hard to pass up purchasing that perfect additional piece.

I would find looking at your Garden relaxing just to sit and admire.  When looking at your pictures something new appears that I missed seeing the previous time.  

I decorate with handmade critters that have been painted to look real. I buy them from a little ceramic shop about an hour away.  She has also made the larger critters I put in my flower beds.  Seeing your beautiful garden makes me want to buy more and expand my collections.

I had a mother skunk and her 3 babies made for my DIl.  She put them in the flower bed on the bank at the bottom of her driveway.  The skunks were slowing traffic and she had to move them.  It is 17 now and no snow on the ground, just dreary dark skies.  Planning a spring garden will warm up my spirits.

@Gram W Smiley Happy  If you are able to post, I would love to see pictures of your critters. Smiley Happy  I insert critters in the garden also, and everywhere I can.  I can just picture people stopping to look at the skunkies. Smiley Happy  I had a huge one foraging in my garden one evening, and I see them waddling around the road at times.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl. Sorry I am not able to attach pictures.  I would love to share.   Last year our area had a skunk that was almost all white.  I called her Snowball because when she laid down I could not see any black.  She had 5 babies.  It was so cute to see them lined up following mommy around.  By the end of summer they had all moved on.  Tonight I again had to chase a possum off my porch.  I have also had a very large raccoon and then 2 not so large raccoons who come together.  They come to eat the food out there for feral cats.  Right now I have the light on and will bring the trays in as soon as the last cat leaves.  I love living next to my woods and dread the day I have to leave my home