Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie's sneak Peek for 1-25

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, I finally found my must-have rooster last year, on Ebay.  It was not cheap.  Soon after buying it, Zulily had it a bit cheaper, but still an investment.  Anyway, I'm thrilled with it, but I just can't add any more.  :-(

Appletree Design 15" Rooster

Image result for appletree design rooster 15"

@SHOPR  He's a beauty! Smiley Happy  If I had had room, I probably would ahve bought this also, but really, how many roosters can one have, LOL.

Years ago, Valerie had a pair, rooster and hen, very colorful, and at the time, DD was crazy about roosters, so I bought them thinking that when she grew up and had her own place, I would give them to her, and still will, but when I was unpacking from the remodeling, I opened an unmarked box and there was the hen, so beautiful, so she is still out, but the big guy remains in his box, no room for him, and I will probably pack her this year.  Again, if I had more room, I would probably display both of them.

If it weren't for three very tall Jim Shore cats that I put on the top shelf of my hutch until Christmas decor comes out, I could put some big roosters there.

The year that I was on the hunt for roosters, I perused ebay and saw some gorgeous roosters for around $600, no way.  One day, I went to Home Goods and right inside the door, was an enormous white rooster standing on a vegetable base for only $197, same brand as the roosters on ebay, from Italy, so you know I grabbed him, could barely get him into the cart, I am short you know, lol, so then, I had to find a white hen, and eventually I did at Home Goods.  I will post pictures tomorrow.

@mousiegirl, Looking forward to more pictures. :-)  I do remember your Home Goods story.  It's unreal how expensive these ceramic pieces can be.  Mine is China-made and much less than that, but really, there are some gorgeous colors and designs in roosters.  I chose the one with more primary colors because it goes better with the touches of "retro" in my older kitchen. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Here is a Limited Quantity priced item from Valerie, marked down from $59 to $29:

H204960  http://www.qvc.com/3-Tier-Folding-Corner-Shelves-by-Valerie.product.H204960.html

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/60/h204960.002

I almost bought this (above) because it's been on my wish list for a while, but now I've found a larger (and more expensive one) that I can't stop thinking about, so I will pass on this and save up for the other one.  It's a corner baker's rack by Aspire Home Accents.

@SHOPR  I like it.  My kitchen has only two corners, one is filled with tv, etc., and the other is just inside the door next to the pantry so it is a slim area.  I have a skinny faux tree there with beaded fruit and bird ball ornaments, both Valerie's.  I thought of putting one of her eterges(sp) there, but it's too big for the corner.

Aspire Home Accents Antique White 65 in. Corner Bakers Rack

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, I don't have any available corners in my kitchen either.  I would probably use the corner rack in my living room, where I have two available corners at the moment, subject to change.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, I don't have any available corners in my kitchen either.  I would probably use the corner rack in my living room, where I have two available corners at the moment, subject to change.  ;-)

@SHOPR  The only available corners in this house is one in the dining room and the slim corner in the kitchen.  All other corners in the house are hindered by furniture against the walls, wall to wall windows, and built in cabinets that eliminate corners and prohibit use of the few corners remaining.  Every nook and cranny except the entrance hall is used.  I had big dreams for this house, but as the years go by, the financial cost of my dreams is too great. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I simply cannot even entertain the idea of buying anything that is battery operated so I was glad to see there is a lot that there is, lol.  It is one of my 2017 resolutions.  I also received an email regarding the Flameless Candle show is cancelled for 2/2/17 at 11am.  Something else I do not need...!  Help me be strong, forum friends!  

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I simply cannot even entertain the idea of buying anything that is battery operated so I was glad to see there is a lot that there is, lol.  It is one of my 2017 resolutions.  I also received an email regarding the Flameless Candle show is cancelled for 2/2/17 at 11am.  Something else I do not need...!  Help me be strong, forum friends!  

Did you know there's a big flameless day to tempt you still, on 1/28?  :-)

@BornToShop

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop  Are you seriously asking for help from the people on this forum?  That made me laugh.  lol  

I really don't see anything that I'm crazy about and for sure nothing that I need.  Just watch and enjoy seeing the set, I guess.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Thanks @lucymo.

I like the tulips in watering can, but why couldn't the watering can be a complete can all the way around?  That would make it more versatile for me and would help justify the cost, knowing I had more options.

I see that the summer A/D is described as a flower covered straw hat, which I would assume is meant for wall or door hanging, but I'm unsure about the intended use of the fall and winter A/Ds based on their descriptions.   Just thinking that if the watering can was complete, but formed in a thinner oval shape, it could be used on the center of a table OR hung on the wall/door.  These auto delivery programs always pique my interest, so I'll have to watch and hope everything is given a thorough presentation.

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/21/h210521.008

H210521  http://www.qvc.com/Tulips-in-Watering-Can-by-Valerie.product.H210521.html

@SHOPR You are the best sleuth.  I see from the listing pictures that the watering can is flat on one side, but at least it is finished with the same pattern as the front.  As with the AD wreaths, I'm interested in the summer one, but none of the rest of them.  I wish they had a picture of the summer hat.  Maybe they will let us see it in one of the shows.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo & @SHOPR,  I just got done registering you both as a default payment option to my account, lol!  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, I finally found my must-have rooster last year, on Ebay.  It was not cheap.  Soon after buying it, Zulily had it a bit cheaper, but still an investment.  Anyway, I'm thrilled with it, but I just can't add any more.  :-(

Appletree Design 15" Rooster

Image result for appletree design rooster 15"

@SHOPR  He's a beauty! Smiley Happy  If I had had room, I probably would ahve bought this also, but really, how many roosters can one have, LOL.

Years ago, Valerie had a pair, rooster and hen, very colorful, and at the time, DD was crazy about roosters, so I bought them thinking that when she grew up and had her own place, I would give them to her, and still will, but when I was unpacking from the remodeling, I opened an unmarked box and there was the hen, so beautiful, so she is still out, but the big guy remains in his box, no room for him, and I will probably pack her this year.  Again, if I had more room, I would probably display both of them.

If it weren't for three very tall Jim Shore cats that I put on the top shelf of my hutch until Christmas decor comes out, I could put some big roosters there.

The year that I was on the hunt for roosters, I perused ebay and saw some gorgeous roosters for around $600, no way.  One day, I went to Home Goods and right inside the door, was an enormous white rooster standing on a vegetable base for only $197, same brand as the roosters on ebay, from Italy, so you know I grabbed him, could barely get him into the cart, I am short you know, lol, so then, I had to find a white hen, and eventually I did at Home Goods.  I will post pictures tomorrow.

@mousiegirl, Looking forward to more pictures. :-)  I do remember your Home Goods story.  It's unreal how expensive these ceramic pieces can be.  Mine is China-made and much less than that, but really, there are some gorgeous colors and designs in roosters.  I chose the one with more primary colors because it goes better with the touches of "retro" in my older kitchen. 

@SHOPR  I will post pictures on Wednesday, as the pictures I took today are not good.