Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's sneak Peek for 1-25

As always the three tier shelf is stunning, but simply no room for something that holds so little.

I figured I was home free, but I too liked the animals!!! I don't need them, but they are going very well with my neutral and tan/creme/brown phase/fetish! I don't think I will give in though. I'm gonna hope they aren't popular and end up as a Lunchtime special sometime down the road for $16.47 a set with free shipping !!! LOL

Respected Contributor

@lucymo , thanks for the link.  I don't see anything to interest me this time.  I'm ready to see the Easter/Spring items...that's me, always rushing the seasons.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @lucymo.

I like the tulips in watering can, but why couldn't the watering can be a complete can all the way around?  That would make it more versatile for me and would help justify the cost, knowing I had more options.

I see that the summer A/D is described as a flower covered straw hat, which I would assume is meant for wall or door hanging, but I'm unsure about the intended use of the fall and winter A/Ds based on their descriptions.   Just thinking that if the watering can was complete, but formed in a thinner oval shape, it could be used on the center of a table OR hung on the wall/door.  These auto delivery programs always pique my interest, so I'll have to watch and hope everything is given a thorough presentation.

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/21/h210521.008

H210521  http://www.qvc.com/Tulips-in-Watering-Can-by-Valerie.product.H210521.html

Esteemed Contributor

I like the animals, especially the roosters, but I would only use them in my kitchen, and I have absolutely nowhere to put them without removing something else.  I only have 3 small spaces that I decorate in my kitchen.  The rest has to remain workspace.  Sometimes I wish it could all be for decor and to heck with cooking!  ;-)

Esteemed Contributor

I always look forward to Valerie's shows whether I intend to buy or not. I just love that lady !!thankyoubutterflies.gif

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

I like the animals, especially the roosters, but I would only use them in my kitchen, and I have absolutely nowhere to put them without removing something else.  I only have 3 small spaces that I decorate in my kitchen.  The rest has to remain workspace.  Sometimes I wish it could all be for decor and to heck with cooking!  ;-)

@SHOPR   The roosters are the only items that interest me, but I have roosters and hens coming out of my ears, lol,  but these are the right color and style to go near the zulily lanterns on my island, so I may cave on these.  Mine spent all last year on the bottom shelf of the hutch where they can't be seen,  but this year, they are going back on the hutch because I missed them. Smiley Happy

I recently bought two more pairs on zulily, very colorful.  One pair looks like metal, but the description did not mention metal, so will see, and if they are metal, they may go outside.  The other pair are shelf sitters/huggers.  I have quite a few metal in my garden, right now on my deck under a table as I didn't want them to get wet.  One pair is very colorful, the other grey/black. Smiley Happy

Before I remodeled my kitchen, I paid no attention to roosters, but all of a sudden, while the remodeling was going on, I was buying and stashing roosters and hens.  Did you know that hens are very difficult to find?  Roosters all over the place in various stores, but I did manage to find some.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, Be sure to post pics if you get these to go with your Zulily lanterns!  I think you mean the whitewashed ones, called gold but not gold?  LOL.  They'll look great together. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl, I finally found my must-have rooster last year, on Ebay.  It was not cheap.  Soon after buying it, Zulily had it a bit cheaper, but still an investment.  Anyway, I'm thrilled with it, but I just can't add any more.  :-(

Appletree Design 15" Rooster

Image result for appletree design rooster 15"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, I finally found my must-have rooster last year, on Ebay.  It was not cheap.  Soon after buying it, Zulily had it a bit cheaper, but still an investment.  Anyway, I'm thrilled with it, but I just can't add any more.  :-(

Appletree Design 15" Rooster

Image result for appletree design rooster 15"

@SHOPR  He's a beauty! Smiley Happy  If I had had room, I probably would ahve bought this also, but really, how many roosters can one have, LOL.

Years ago, Valerie had a pair, rooster and hen, very colorful, and at the time, DD was crazy about roosters, so I bought them thinking that when she grew up and had her own place, I would give them to her, and still will, but when I was unpacking from the remodeling, I opened an unmarked box and there was the hen, so beautiful, so she is still out, but the big guy remains in his box, no room for him, and I will probably pack her this year.  Again, if I had more room, I would probably display both of them.

If it weren't for three very tall Jim Shore cats that I put on the top shelf of my hutch until Christmas decor comes out, I could put some big roosters there.

The year that I was on the hunt for roosters, I perused ebay and saw some gorgeous roosters for around $600, no way.  One day, I went to Home Goods and right inside the door, was an enormous white rooster standing on a vegetable base for only $197, same brand as the roosters on ebay, from Italy, so you know I grabbed him, could barely get him into the cart, I am short you know, lol, so then, I had to find a white hen, and eventually I did at Home Goods.  I will post pictures tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Here is a Limited Quantity priced item from Valerie, marked down from $59 to $29:

H204960  http://www.qvc.com/3-Tier-Folding-Corner-Shelves-by-Valerie.product.H204960.html

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/60/h204960.002

I almost bought this (above) because it's been on my wish list for a while, but now I've found a larger (and more expensive one) that I can't stop thinking about, so I will pass on this and save up for the other one.  It's a corner baker's rack by Aspire Home Accents.

Aspire Home Accents Antique White 65 in. Corner Bakers Rack