Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie's sneak Peek for 1-25

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR You are the best sleuth.  I see from the listing pictures that the watering can is flat on one side, but at least it is finished with the same pattern as the front.  As with the AD wreaths, I'm interested in the summer one, but none of the rest of them.  I wish they had a picture of the summer hat.  Maybe they will let us see it in one of the shows.

@Marsha2003,  I keep checking to see if more pics show up but none have.  I hope this presentation happens during the afternoon show, or that there is a thorough video available to watch, if it's in the overnight show. 

On another note, I think we talked once about how we liked Valerie's pink and white dahlia wreath.  I have it in my wish list but haven't been checking it regularly.  The wreath is now sold out and marked down to $24.80 from $50.  I really hate that I missed it at that price.  :-(

http://www.qvc.com/.product.H204779.html?sc=H204779-ISRC

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@lucymo & @SHOPR,  I just got done registering you both as a default payment option to my account, lol!  

@BornToShop, Had I known that was an acceptable form of payment, I would have registered yours to my accounts years ago, both here and at Kirklands!  :-) LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003,  I keep checking to see if more pics show up but none have.  I hope this presentation happens during the afternoon show, or that there is a thorough video available to watch, if it's in the overnight show. 

On another note, I think we talked once about how we liked Valerie's pink and white dahlia wreath.  I have it in my wish list but haven't been checking it regularly.  The wreath is now sold out and marked down to $24.80 from $50.  I really hate that I missed it at that price.  :-(

http://www.qvc.com/.product.H204779.html?sc=H204779-ISRC

@SHOPR It is disappointing when you miss something you've been stalking for a long time.  I splurged last year on the spring wreath from GR when I finally had a % off and free shipping at the same time.  This year Pier 1 has a reasonable knock-off for a significantly lower price.  It seems like I'm always too early or too late...🙂. Without you, I would always be too late, so I'm not really complaining.  

Valued Contributor

May I reciprocate, and use you as a default payment option, BornToShop? I will forever be in your debt, if you agree  and will also leave you everything in my Last Will and Testament.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@lucymo & @SHOPR,  I just got done registering you both as a default payment option to my account, lol!  

@BornToShop, Had I known that was an acceptable form of payment, I would have registered yours to my accounts years ago, both here and at Kirklands!  :-) LOL

@BornToShop@SHOPR  We'll have a hard time deciphering our credit cards from now on, SHOPR.  I wish I had thought of that.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I'm not fond of artificial flowers, but I recorded last night's show and the artificial orchid is beautiful and very authentic. If I didn't already have two live ones, I would surely be tempted.

22 Orchid in Ceramic Pot by Valerie - H210614

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I'm not fond of artificial flowers, but I recorded last night's show and the artificial orchid is beautiful and very authentic. If I didn't already have two live ones, I would surely be tempted.

22 Orchid in Ceramic Pot by Valerie - H210614

@pattypeep This is beautiful and so realistic. I don't need any more flowers though. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, I finally found my must-have rooster last year, on Ebay.  It was not cheap.  Soon after buying it, Zulily had it a bit cheaper, but still an investment.  Anyway, I'm thrilled with it, but I just can't add any more.  :-(

Appletree Design 15" Rooster

Image result for appletree design rooster 15"

@SHOPR  He's a beauty! Smiley Happy  If I had had room, I probably would ahve bought this also, but really, how many roosters can one have, LOL.

Years ago, Valerie had a pair, rooster and hen, very colorful, and at the time, DD was crazy about roosters, so I bought them thinking that when she grew up and had her own place, I would give them to her, and still will, but when I was unpacking from the remodeling, I opened an unmarked box and there was the hen, so beautiful, so she is still out, but the big guy remains in his box, no room for him, and I will probably pack her this year.  Again, if I had more room, I would probably display both of them.

If it weren't for three very tall Jim Shore cats that I put on the top shelf of my hutch until Christmas decor comes out, I could put some big roosters there.

The year that I was on the hunt for roosters, I perused ebay and saw some gorgeous roosters for around $600, no way.  One day, I went to Home Goods and right inside the door, was an enormous white rooster standing on a vegetable base for only $197, same brand as the roosters on ebay, from Italy, so you know I grabbed him, could barely get him into the cart, I am short you know, lol, so then, I had to find a white hen, and eventually I did at Home Goods.  I will post pictures tomorrow.

@mousiegirl, Looking forward to more pictures. :-)  I do remember your Home Goods story.  It's unreal how expensive these ceramic pieces can be.  Mine is China-made and much less than that, but really, there are some gorgeous colors and designs in roosters.  I chose the one with more primary colors because it goes better with the touches of "retro" in my older kitchen. 

@SHOPR  I will post pictures on Wednesday, as the pictures I took today are not good.

@SHOPR  I posted, but then saw issues with the picture, so will try again in the next few days.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  I will post pictures on Wednesday, as the pictures I took today are not good.

@SHOPR  I posted, but then saw issues with the picture, so will try again in the next few days.

@mousiegirl, I have been trying since yesterday to find a few minutes to sign in with my computer and reply.  I did see your ivory colored rooster when I checked in with my phone.  I like it and I can see why you are thrilled with it.  It takes me forever to type replies on my phone and sign in, etc., so I held of on replying until now.  If you take more pics, that's even better! LOL