Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

What is going on with Valerie's products?  Yesterday I received the Polar Bear babies, H209546, and both are missing an eye.  I checked the box and wrapping paper but no loose eyes in the box.  I'm really getting tired of running to the PO to return defective  items. 

It really isn't just Valerie's products but QVC's other vendors too.  Several years ago I rarely had to return anything that was defective.  QVC's standards must have been lowered and Chinese are taking advantage of it. 

@lucymo; I just returned from the PO to send something to my son.  I was struck at the amount of QVC boxes waiting to be returned.  Looks like a lot of Q customers are having the same issue!  Btw, my biggest fear is having a stroke.  I am a faithful krill oil taker to try to do what I can among other things  to combat the possibility since it runs in my family.  You are blessed to have your angels watching over you helping you with your Vertigo.  I am in awe of your courage & strength.  

@BornToShop  Thanks, at least I know I'm not the only one returning a lot of items to QVC. 

I don't know as doctors said I had no risk factors for a stroke, no family history either.  I was heading into the local mall to shop for new drapes at JC Penney when I became very agitated, which is unlike me.  But I didn't know what it was so I went all day until the nausea, numbness, weakness and inability to speak clearly started and then I knew.  So, watch for anything that is unusual for you, especially instant anger for no reason, weakness, slurred speech and unexplained nausea.  Oh, and I found my drapes that day, but I didn't get them hung for more than six months. Smiley Happy  But, I'm doing great, so don't worry all the time and enjoy each day. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

What is going on with Valerie's products?  Yesterday I received the Polar Bear babies, H209546, and both are missing an eye.  I checked the box and wrapping paper but no loose eyes in the box.  I'm really getting tired of running to the PO to return defective  items. 

It really isn't just Valerie's products but QVC's other vendors too.  Several years ago I rarely had to return anything that was defective.  QVC's standards must have been lowered and Chinese are taking advantage of it. 

@lucymo  I know what you mean.  Last year, I bought some large polar bears at Grandin Road.  One arrived without an eye, so I returned it for a replacement.  That bear also arrived without an eye.  I went to Joann's and bought black eyes, quite a bit bigger than the original as that is what was available, and I like the larger eyes so much, that I removed the other bear's eyes and replaced them with the larger.Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I think I'll just replace the eyes and save a trip to the PO.  These little buggars are cute, just like the one that's on the mom and baby one.  Maybe I could just embroider a  closed eye and it would look they're winking at us.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  I know what you mean.  Last year, I bought some large polar bears at Grandin Road.  One arrived without an eye, so I returned it for a replacement.  That bear also arrived without an eye.  I went to Joann's and bought black eyes, quite a bit bigger than the original as that is what was available, and I like the larger eyes so much, that I removed the other bear's eyes and replaced them with the larger.Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I think I'll just replace the eyes and save a trip to the PO.  These little buggars are cute, just like the one that's on the mom and baby one.  Maybe I could just embroider a  closed eye and it would look they're winking at us.  LOL

@lucymo  I just checked the program guide, and Valerie has a lot of shows coming up beginning on 10/18/ 10/24, 10/25, 10/27, 11/2, may have missed one.

Did you end up buying on zulily the other day? Smiley Happy  Yesterday, there were metal nostalgic deer so bought those, hope I love them.  Metal is tricky,  It can be done very well, or very badly, so here's hoping.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie's Sneak Peek

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  I wonder why they don't use matching glitter on the birds.  I just don't care for the contrast in the glitter.  To me, the glitter should just add some sparkle.

Also, what in the world have they done to the gold?  They looked totally a different color, like yellow paint.  I got gold and silver when they first came out and they are both very pretty. 

I think I will pass on the pink for now.  I do see a lot of pink decor in other sites and also out in the stores, so maybe it's coming back.  I donated my pink ornaments last year that was from my victorian decor days.

@lucymo, I haven't seen all of the pink decor out there, but that's because I've been trying NOT to look or order. :-)

I noticed that the gold looked really odd during presentation.  Mine are definitely rich but are not bold yellow at all.  I hope they haven't messed up that color. 

I've only seen this partcular bird clip one other place (can't remember where--but it was being sold in singles) and I think it has the cutest birdie shape of all, and I love that it's a clip instead of just an ornament.  In my opinion, it doesn't need ANY glitter to be cute.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo@SHOPR  I see Valerie brought back a larger version of the lamps.  I bought the smaller years ago, and hardly use them as they is no light to speak of coming from them, and though I think the larger version is prettier, no sale for me.

I have the smaller version of the MG lamps too, and while I use them and like them, I'm not in 'love' with them.

I thought the new buffet lamps were off. I can't exactly pinpoint it, but the area of the base where the shade rests looks like a big bump, and the shades seem slightly too small for the rest of the lamp. I know the shades on this style of lamp are small, but there was just something about the design of these that wasn't scaled correctly (to my eye, anyway, for what that is worth).

I thought they were a nice price for anyone who did love them, though.

@Mominohio, I was thinking that the shade should be a little taller maybe, which would make it less triangular shaped.  It was just a passing thought and something I noticed when I was watching.  I'm not in the market for any more mercury glass anyway.  I have enough.  Sometimes I just want to put all my shiny stuff away and use mostly wood and burnished metal accents. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry for what some of you have to deal with on a daily basis re: vertigo, aches and pains, loss of strength, etc.  It is interesting to me to read how you've learned to cope with your issues and especially how you've found ways to avoid the vertigo at times, before it can occur.  My mom had one out of the blue vertigo episode many years ago, and so far it hasn't returned.  It was so severe for a week or so that she could do nothing but stay in bed and not move.  It was very scary to all of us.  We felt totally helpless because there was nothing we could do to make it end. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I'm sorry for what some of you have to deal with on a daily basis re: vertigo, aches and pains, loss of strength, etc.  It is interesting to me to read how you've learned to cope with your issues and especially how you've found ways to avoid the vertigo at times, before it can occur.  My mom had one out of the blue vertigo episode many years ago, and so far it hasn't returned.  It was so severe for a week or so that she could do nothing but stay in bed and not move.  It was very scary to all of us.  We felt totally helpless because there was nothing we could do to make it end. 

@SHOPR  Just about everyone you meet is carrying some kind of burden, be it family problems, financial, personal or health issues.  I don't have to look far to see someone suffering more than me.  I try to stay focused on the good in life and I do enjoy everyday. 

What are you looking for in Jill's show tonight?  I need to check new arrivals and preorder if something calls my name.  Like you, I need to stop looking.  The UPS driver had to make two trips to bring all my packages from the truck on Wednesday.  My DH just stood and watched and didn't say a word. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, Good DH!  You have him trained well I think.  :-)

Mine would nag, nag, nag.  I (we) actually like it best when I have zero packages arriving from any source.  It's peaceful in a way to know that no big trucks or honking horns will be intruding for days at a time.  That is a rare occurrence, though.  Just this week, I've had to order from Amazon and Kohls, along with the replacement sleigh.  There is always something coming my way.  To make it worse, if I order say 5 things from Kohls, they will arrive in 5 separate shipments.  :-(

You are right.  Everyone carries a burden. It does help, in a way, to put our own suffering into perspective every now and then, knowing that we are not alone, whatever type of burden it may be.

All I'm looking for tonight is a presentation on the sleigh, which may or may not happen this week.  By looking at the new items, I'm not sure what tonight's theme will be called, or if the sleighs will fit in with that theme. I like the little Byers Choice penguin.  I think it's so cute, but I'm not into penguins or Byers Choice items, so will pass. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, Good DH!  You have him trained well I think.  :-)

Mine would nag, nag, nag.  I (we) actually like it best when I have zero packages arriving from any source.  It's peaceful in a way to know that no big trucks or honking horns will be intruding for days at a time.  That is a rare occurrence, though.  Just this week, I've had to order from Amazon and Kohls, along with the replacement sleigh.  There is always something coming my way.  To make it worse, if I order say 5 things from Kohls, they will arrive in 5 separate shipments.  :-(

You are right.  Everyone carries a burden. It does help, in a way, to put our own suffering into perspective every now and then, knowing that we are not alone, whatever type of burden it may be.

All I'm looking for tonight is a presentation on the sleigh, which may or may not happen this week.  By looking at the new items, I'm not sure what tonight's theme will be called, or if the sleighs will fit in with that theme. I like the little Byers Choice penguin.  I think it's so cute, but I'm not into penguins or Byers Choice items, so will pass. 

@SHOPR Maybe my DH could explain to your DH that it is pointless to complain, nag, sull up, oh and ask what's in all those packages. LOL  I agree that all the packages seem to hang out somewhere down the road and all come in on the same day, regardless of when you ordered.  I have two 'as is' items still coming from QVC and I'm being very careful what I order from here on out.

I like that Penguin too but don't need to start another collection.  I can't do anything in moderation.  Help!!!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo, Yes, since UPS teamed with USPS for SmartPost, I've noticed things piling up, and then all of a sudden, I have several in one day at times.

But what bugs me the most lately is when places like Kohls.com, Walmart.com, Target.com, etc. have to fulfill their online orders by pulling an item from here and an item from there, from stores and warehouses all around the country, and then shipping each item all by itself to me.

The smallest nothing of an item will arrive by Fedex or UPS truck, while a large boxed item will be shipped by mail and my poor rural mail carrier has to fit it in her vehicle.  Makes no sense to me.

I've had weeks when I'd get one package a day for 5 or 6 days straight, arriving by any combination of UPS, Fedex, and USPS,  all single items from one order I placed.  It makes it appear that I'm ordering like a madwoman, when I'm actually not.  :-)   )-:

Rant over.