Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo
Last night when I looked at Valerie's new arrivals, there was a decorative round mirror/tray. When I clicked on it, it said sold out. Now it's not even listed. :/

@crazycockermom  Sometimes they show 'sold out' until they are available to order but maybe these didn't make it in  or something needs to be worked out with them.  I'm sorry that I missed seeing it.  Did it have decorative high sides on it like the ones that she uses in her presentations?  We have all asked her to bring those in but all she ever said was she bought them at a local store.

Looped Mirrored Round Grey Tray

@crazycockermom  Overstock.com.  Check out this site.  Smiley Happy

Yes!   It was something like that, a little different metal work.  Wish I'd taken a screenshot.  Will check out overstock.  Thanks! 

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo
Last night when I looked at Valerie's new arrivals, there was a decorative round mirror/tray. When I clicked on it, it said sold out. Now it's not even listed. :/

@crazycockermom  Sometimes they show 'sold out' until they are available to order but maybe these didn't make it in  or something needs to be worked out with them.  I'm sorry that I missed seeing it.  Did it have decorative high sides on it like the ones that she uses in her presentations?  We have all asked her to bring those in but all she ever said was she bought them at a local store.

Looped Mirrored Round Grey Tray

@crazycockermom  Overstock.com.  Check out this site.  Smiley Happy

Yes!   It was something like that, a little different metal work.  Wish I'd taken a screenshot.  Will check out overstock.  Thanks! 

I know I also saw it last night , it said sold out which usually means it will show up once the show is on.  I looked for it this morning and it was gone.  I really like it and would like to see it presented .  It probably didn't make it in inventory and might be on next Tuesdays show.  It is. Ery similar to the one pictured here that  Averie always uses as a prop.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom  Have you looked at these fancy little birds?  H203470.  I have these in gold and white, gorgeous.

The reason I don't like the chocolate MG birds as much is the glitter would have looked better (to me)  in a more matching or champagne.  The color of the glitter takes too much away from the chocolate color, IMHO.

I hope that square mirror does come back as I would like a couple to use around the house.  I do love the three piece beveled ones too.

@lucymo

I have seen H203470 and like them a lot.  Really wish they were still available in white.   I think I might get a set of the gold and hope the white come back.  

Thanks for explaining why you didn't care for the MG birds in chocolate.  In the pic, the contrasting glitter looks very obvious, but in the video it didn't look that bad.  Anyway, I think I'll get the pearl for now to go with the glittery gold ones mentioned above.  

I also like H209186.  I'm a purple girl and actually think the plum ones would've looked pretty with the rest of my ornaments.  Maybe even the red.  But they are only in silver which look pretty but probably aren't the best choice for me. 

Did you see the new round mirror?   I have the perfect place for that.  Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom  Most of the birds will probably be back and hopefully before Christmas.

No, I haven't seen the new round mirrors except for the very expensive ones by another vendor, not Valerie.  I'll have to check that out.  Thanks.

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom  Have you looked at these fancy little birds?  H203470.  I have these in gold and white, gorgeous.

The reason I don't like the chocolate MG birds as much is the glitter would have looked better (to me)  in a more matching or champagne.  The color of the glitter takes too much away from the chocolate color, IMHO.

I hope that square mirror does come back as I would like a couple to use around the house.  I do love the three piece beveled ones too.

@lucymo

I have seen H203470 and like them a lot.  Really wish they were still available in white.   I think I might get a set of the gold and hope the white come back.  

Thanks for explaining why you didn't care for the MG birds in chocolate.  In the pic, the contrasting glitter looks very obvious, but in the video it didn't look that bad.  Anyway, I think I'll get the pearl for now to go with the glittery gold ones mentioned above.  

I also like H209186.  I'm a purple girl and actually think the plum ones would've looked pretty with the rest of my ornaments.  Maybe even the red.  But they are only in silver which look pretty but probably aren't the best choice for me. 

Did you see the new round mirror?   I have the perfect place for that.  Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom  Most of the birds will probably be back and hopefully before Christmas.

No, I haven't seen the new round mirrors except for the very expensive ones by another vendor, not Valerie.  I'll have to check that out.  Thanks.

I think it was listed at either $80 or $88, can't remember which.  It is large though,  but pricey.

Super Contributor

I saw the mirrored tray also, when I clicked on it, the mirror was still for sale and it was 80.00. I liked it but not that much to pay eighty dollars for it. If anyone is wondering what it looks like. It looks just like the ones for sale on zulily under their christmas stuff yesterday. Only it is silver and has a mirror instead of glass. The sides look like a english snaffle bit design going around the tray. It is 18 inches.

Honored Contributor

Like this????

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@crazycockermom  When I received the chocolate birds, I was put off by the glitter color, but when decorating with them, they look wonderful.

Too bad a pink or white glitter wasn't used on the blush, as the gold just does not look good, and I wonder why this color was chosen for a pink bird.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo @SHOPR  I see Valerie brought back a larger version of the lamps.  I bought the smaller years ago, and hardly use them as they is no light to speak of coming from them, and though I think the larger version is prettier, no sale for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo@SHOPR  I see Valerie brought back a larger version of the lamps.  I bought the smaller years ago, and hardly use them as they is no light to speak of coming from them, and though I think the larger version is prettier, no sale for me.

@mousiegirl, I definitely like the shape of the taller one better.  I agree with you about the light output.  Not only that, but I really dislike the type of tealight plastic base and bulb used in these, and they are so visible through the mottled glass. 

I bought the original one, chocolate, as-is. I went so far as to remove the light source from the shade (Mine was loose already so it was easy) and I tried several different flameless votives in it.  The others were brighter, but the downside to that was that the shiny silver candle well was highly visible along with the outline of whatever votive I used, and it really bugged me.  I'm probably the only person on Earth who would be bugged by that.  LOL. 

I finally asked my mom if she wanted it.   She loves it because of the rich chocolate finish, but I notice that she never has it on. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo@SHOPR  I see Valerie brought back a larger version of the lamps.  I bought the smaller years ago, and hardly use them as they is no light to speak of coming from them, and though I think the larger version is prettier, no sale for me.

@mousiegirl, I definitely like the shape of the taller one better.  I agree with you about the light output.  Not only that, but I really dislike the type of tealight plastic base and bulb used in these, and they are so visible through the mottled glass. 

I bought the original one, chocolate, as-is. I went so far as to remove the light source from the shade (Mine was loose already so it was easy) and I tried several different flameless votives in it.  The others were brighter, but the downside to that was that the shiny silver candle well was highly visible along with the outline of whatever votive I used, and it really bugged me.  I'm probably the only person on Earth who would be bugged by that.  LOL. 

I finally asked my mom if she wanted it.   She loves it because of the rich chocolate finish, but I notice that she never has it on. 

@SHOPR  It would bug me too.  I am returning Valerie's green wereath deer because on each one there is an off color piece of glitter which appears as a tiny black dot, and that bugs me as it should not be that way, also some brown staining on one leg.

I tried using the chocolate, but in one, I guess the battery leaked and it no longer worked so had to toss it.  The others just sit in a cabinet taking up space, so at some point, I have to make a decision, maybe off to the Salvation Army with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Valerie's Sneak Peek

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom  When I received the chocolate birds, I was put off by the glitter color, but when decorating with them, they look wonderful.

Too bad a pink or white glitter wasn't used on the blush, as the gold just does not look good, and I wonder why this color was chosen for a pink bird.

@mousiegirl, I was actually thinking, when I saw all the different colored birds together on the wire tree when presented, that the blush birds might, just might, be ok on my tree, to mix with with my gold and silver birds, for the tri-color gold effect.  I don't know for sure, but I may take a chance on them if they show up as-is.  I'm not going to let myself pay full price because I know that they're merely a splurge in my case.  

I don't like how the gold glitter looks on either the blush or chocolate when presented, but if it isn't quite as bold when the birds are placed among everything else, then that is encouraging.  I will be looking for reviews on the blush. 

@Julie928, I'd love your thoughts on them when you get yours.