Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's On!!!! Whatcha Buying????

@Mominohio wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I've ordered the auto deliver door things for my mom for Mother's day, but not sure I will keep the order or not, still considering as she wants them, but she is constantly having to get rid of things, so need to really think about that.

Ordered the set of three candle pedestals in ivory, as I have all the other colors already. Not sure if I will cancel that or not as well, because I think they may be too light for what I'm wanting to do with them. I'd like to see them presented (didn't stay up last night to see them, and they won't get the updated video posted.

@Mominohio

I was going to order the pedestals too in ivory and natural, but you may want to read the reviews....some complained about them being broken or the pedestals not being even......  so I'm hesitating......

Hey @Spurt

I have those pedestals in every color, and I have to be honest, they aren't the best made things.

I bought two sets of the natural when they were first brought in, and the only color available. One was for me, one for my mom. Both sets arrived with issues. They had chips in the paint. I used a furniture touch up marker and you can't tell, because they are rather rustic looking anyway. I didn't send them back because they were sold out, and I was afraid they wouldn't come back in.

Then, at Christmas time, I ordered the gold and the silver. The silver ones were nice, but the gold ones had chipped paint on the underside. No one can see it (kind of like finding a chip on the underside of the base of a dinner plate...not right, but won't ever be seen or affect the use of the item).

I've kept them all, but they are rather light weight, made of some kind of resin type material that doesn't appear to hold paint very well, and even some of them on air I have noticed are crooked (although I don't see that in mine). 

I noticed my ivory ones shipped, so I'm not really caring if they arrive in good condition or not, because after seeing the presentation, they look too close to white for my decor. I'll see when they arrive, as they may be prettier than I anticipate. If they aren't good quality, I probably won't be heartbroken to send them back.

What I will say is candle pedestals are expensive (in my opinion) for what they are, so for the price, even with shipping, they aren't horribly priced.

It is often hard to find three matching ones in graduated sizes. The small one in these sets is especailly hard to find. They are very neutral in their design. Not too modern, not too frilly and ornate, but still have nice lines. They adapt to a lot of different decor styles. I like that 'middle of the road' style that Valierie is good about finding and brining. 

@Mominohio

Thanks for the information...much appreciated....that's the thing the graduated sizes and finding pedestals that are graduated or in the small size, and in a different material than mercury gold is difficult so that is why I was happy to run across these online on QVC, but if these are not up to snuff I think I'm going to look around a bit locally....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

I had to turn the channel. I love the home decor shows and enjoy Valerie's items, but today was just too manic for me. It was all about Jane, her family, her house, her cat and her asking for presents. I know many people enjoy her enthusiasm, but I want to watch a host talk about the items, not themselves. Just my opinion ........

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I've ordered the auto deliver door things for my mom for Mother's day, but not sure I will keep the order or not, still considering as she wants them, but she is constantly having to get rid of things, so need to really think about that.

Ordered the set of three candle pedestals in ivory, as I have all the other colors already. Not sure if I will cancel that or not as well, because I think they may be too light for what I'm wanting to do with them. I'd like to see them presented (didn't stay up last night to see them, and they won't get the updated video posted.

@Mominohio

I was going to order the pedestals too in ivory and natural, but you may want to read the reviews....some complained about them being broken or the pedestals not being even......  so I'm hesitating......

Hey @Spurt

I have those pedestals in every color, and I have to be honest, they aren't the best made things.

I bought two sets of the natural when they were first brought in, and the only color available. One was for me, one for my mom. Both sets arrived with issues. They had chips in the paint. I used a furniture touch up marker and you can't tell, because they are rather rustic looking anyway. I didn't send them back because they were sold out, and I was afraid they wouldn't come back in.

Then, at Christmas time, I ordered the gold and the silver. The silver ones were nice, but the gold ones had chipped paint on the underside. No one can see it (kind of like finding a chip on the underside of the base of a dinner plate...not right, but won't ever be seen or affect the use of the item).

I've kept them all, but they are rather light weight, made of some kind of resin type material that doesn't appear to hold paint very well, and even some of them on air I have noticed are crooked (although I don't see that in mine). 

I noticed my ivory ones shipped, so I'm not really caring if they arrive in good condition or not, because after seeing the presentation, they look too close to white for my decor. I'll see when they arrive, as they may be prettier than I anticipate. If they aren't good quality, I probably won't be heartbroken to send them back.

What I will say is candle pedestals are expensive (in my opinion) for what they are, so for the price, even with shipping, they aren't horribly priced.

It is often hard to find three matching ones in graduated sizes. The small one in these sets is especailly hard to find. They are very neutral in their design. Not too modern, not too frilly and ornate, but still have nice lines. They adapt to a lot of different decor styles. I like that 'middle of the road' style that Valierie is good about finding and brining. 

@Mominohio   We talked about these holders before.  I had said how much I like them and that your warning about them being fragile would make me more careful with them.

One was sitting on the kitchen island when I was beginning to decorate for Christmas.  One day, I noticed that the top was missing, it had broken off.  I have no clue how this happened as it was just sitting there for weeks.  This was a natural which I bought when they were first presented.  DH glued the top back on, but now I am afraid to use it. 

I bought a set of antique silver a few months ago, but havn't used them yet.

Respected Contributor

Jane didn't bother me today even though she talked over Valerie and mentioned a zillion times how her husband loved the huge red sphere and told her to order more. She says he doesn't like her to order things and see qvc boxes around the house. I had a good laugh about that as she can afford to buy the whole set and then some!

Honored Contributor

I like Jane OK, but she's not my favorite.  I sometimes wish they would let Valerie do a show without any host!  But I understand the need for a host.    Maybe a more laid back host would be better, since she's so knowledgeable and has so much to offer, decorating-wise.

Honored Contributor

It was a first for me! I really liked the ginger jars but I was good I passed & I had to "flick" during the show because Jane was driving me insane with reminding Valerie how she was begging QVC powers to bring back "her" show Enjoyable Entertaining but they decided to do Valerie's show instead🙄 Yikes give it a break Jane! And I couldn't take one more minute about her decorating her daughters apt!!!!

Things were nice but I am in the middle of streamlining (my new word for donating my clutter!)....

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I like Jane OK, but she's not my favorite.  I sometimes wish they would let Valerie do a show without any host!  But I understand the need for a host.    Maybe a more laid back host would be better, since she's so knowledgeable and has so much to offer, decorating-wise.

@Krimpette  I agree.  I swear that Jane didn't breathe once, but when she kept interrupting Valerie when she was speaking, so RUDE!   We want to hear Valerie, not a host babbling on and on and on.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I tried sitting on my hands, but it didn't work. I bought the basket of flowers and the orchid in the black pot.

Its Hump Day

@pattypeep  I did order the bird cages but canceled the order as I don't need them.  I hope you enjoy what you got though.  I'm sure they are nice.

Super Contributor

I am underwhelmed by this visit and I was so excited. I have looked through her pictures on FB and Pinterest from previous years and saw some darling things.

I would have gotten the Orchid but it didn't match the green Ginger Jars. Neither did the solid colors. I would have loved a solid white. The candle holders I was looking at but based on the reviews I passed. 

I did grab the bird cages in white based on her saying if you passed this month you will be sorry next month. 

How many spheres and  lighted pedestals can one person use? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Concur with the consensus---underwhelmed and didn't make a purchase.  I decided to pass on Valerie's A/D after really thinking about it, I didn't like the fall offering---to me it didn't speak fall needed more pumpkins and fall leaves, the sled was OK but nothing added to make it special and put it above a sled with winter greenry as Valerie has done in her past offerings--it was that extra touch that soldme..  And not crazy about the hat for summer........

The orchid and vase and jars just weren't my style.  I have one bird cage and didn't want to add any more.....the cow and pig were cute but I have other things that I would prefer to use......same with the apple, pineapple, pear.

Saw some cute things on Kirklands and Pier 1 website so maybe I will check out those stores in person along with Home Goods and Hobby Lobby......Although I dont need a darn thing, and have purged 2 bags of stuff already and promised myself I would do more deep purging.....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”