Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's On!!!! Whatcha Buying????

Nothing.  The set of three lit spheres was just presented in all colors with no mention that most of them are no longer available.  Only the available spheres should have been presented.  One was spring green which is not even listed, as if it never existed.  Very annoying.

Honored Contributor

Love to look, but I'm taking a pass on buying.  I have too much "stuff". I really nead to pare down, not add to.  But some lovely things.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I've ordered the auto deliver door things for my mom for Mother's day, but not sure I will keep the order or not, still considering as she wants them, but she is constantly having to get rid of things, so need to really think about that.

Ordered the set of three candle pedestals in ivory, as I have all the other colors already. Not sure if I will cancel that or not as well, because I think they may be too light for what I'm wanting to do with them. I'd like to see them presented (didn't stay up last night to see them, and they won't get the updated video posted.

@Mominohio

I was going to order the pedestals too in ivory and natural, but you may want to read the reviews....some complained about them being broken or the pedestals not being even......  so I'm hesitating......

The pedestals are crooked and your candles will sit at an angle. I saw the presentation and they were crooked! No one looking so see at least the samples on air would be perfect. 

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

The set looks lovely.......haven't bought anything yet.  Mulling the auto delivery and pedestals......but Jane is driving me crazy....she just won't be quiet! Woman Frustrated

Haaaa, yup, Jane is a little manic, for sure!  Yikes!

Saving my money for the Luminara TSV on Saturday.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

The set looks lovely.......haven't bought anything yet.  Mulling the auto delivery and pedestals......but Jane is driving me crazy....she just won't be quiet! Woman Frustrated

I was thinking the same thing about Jane.......driving me crazy w/all the family stories and HER house, etc!  It's all about her. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I've ordered the auto deliver door things for my mom for Mother's day, but not sure I will keep the order or not, still considering as she wants them, but she is constantly having to get rid of things, so need to really think about that.

Ordered the set of three candle pedestals in ivory, as I have all the other colors already. Not sure if I will cancel that or not as well, because I think they may be too light for what I'm wanting to do with them. I'd like to see them presented (didn't stay up last night to see them, and they won't get the updated video posted.

@Mominohio

I was going to order the pedestals too in ivory and natural, but you may want to read the reviews....some complained about them being broken or the pedestals not being even......  so I'm hesitating......

The pedestals are crooked and your candles will sit at an angle. I saw the presentation and they were crooked! No one looking so see at least the samples on air would be perfect. 

--------------------------------

I stated in another thread...I own the natural color pedestals.  I have had them out with ivory CI candles.  Mine are not crooked; love that they look like wood!!

Honored Contributor

Another Jane Treacy show with Valerie Parr Hill.  I had to turn it off it was giving me the jitters.  I didn't like most of the A/D offerings so passed on that, didn't like the container for the Orchid so I was pretty much uninterested.  Spheres, I have plenty.  I love them but don't need more.  I do like the bird cages, maybe I'll get those.  I have a set of her last ones but the design on these is smaller and a little fancier, maybe for inside the house.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried sitting on my hands, but it didn't work. I bought the basket of flowers and the orchid in the black pot.

Its Hump Day

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio

Hey @Spurt

I have those pedestals in every color, and I have to be honest, they aren't the best made things.

I bought two sets of the natural when they were first brought in, and the only color available. One was for me, one for my mom. Both sets arrived with issues. They had chips in the paint. I used a furniture touch up marker and you can't tell, because they are rather rustic looking anyway. I didn't send them back because they were sold out, and I was afraid they wouldn't come back in.

Then, at Christmas time, I ordered the gold and the silver. The silver ones were nice, but the gold ones had chipped paint on the underside. No one can see it (kind of like finding a chip on the underside of the base of a dinner plate...not right, but won't ever be seen or affect the use of the item).

I've kept them all, but they are rather light weight, made of some kind of resin type material that doesn't appear to hold paint very well, and even some of them on air I have noticed are crooked (although I don't see that in mine). 

I noticed my ivory ones shipped, so I'm not really caring if they arrive in good condition or not, because after seeing the presentation, they look too close to white for my decor. I'll see when they arrive, as they may be prettier than I anticipate. If they aren't good quality, I probably won't be heartbroken to send them back.

What I will say is candle pedestals are expensive (in my opinion) for what they are, so for the price, even with shipping, they aren't horribly priced.

It is often hard to find three matching ones in graduated sizes. The small one in these sets is especailly hard to find. They are very neutral in their design. Not too modern, not too frilly and ornate, but still have nice lines. They adapt to a lot of different decor styles. I like that 'middle of the road' style that Valierie is good about finding and brining. 

Honored Contributor

I have the pedestals in gold and actually mine are fine for the price.  As for the Ivory ones, looked white to me and if I got them I'd paint them with a flat color that is more egg shell ivory or something in that range. 

The quality is nothing I'd expect to become heirloom but then I'm just looking for something to use on a daily basis.  I will probably pass on them this time.