Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's On!!!! Whatcha Buying????

@crazycockermom wrote:
I was tempted by the lavender ginger jars as I love that color. Just don't know where I'd put them. Does anyone have the ginger jars? Thoughts?

@crazycockermom

I don't care for ginger jars, in general. I don't know for sure why I don't, but they only thing I can come up with, when I consider them, is that they remind me of oriental/Asian decor, which I really don't care for, nor do I think it mixes in well with other styles. 

Now I'm sure it is just me, but that is just my thoughts. I have tried several times to get interested in ginger jars. They kind of come back strong in home decor in various cycles through the decades, and I really have looked at them and tried to 'like' them, but I just can't.

There is just something about Valerie's that look 'cheap' to me. I don't know if it is the colors or the designs or even the actual shapes. Like I said, I've tried to like these, but just don't. 

Maybe someone who has them could post some pictures. I often 'get it' when I see things in someone's home rather than just on the set at Q. Makes them more real and gives me better ideas.

Frequent Contributor

I bought the Pineapple Lamp. I'm very happy with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
I was tempted by the lavender ginger jars as I love that color. Just don't know where I'd put them. Does anyone have the ginger jars? Thoughts?

@crazycockermom

I don't care for ginger jars, in general. I don't know for sure why I don't, but they only thing I can come up with, when I consider them, is that they remind me of oriental/Asian decor, which I really don't care for, nor do I think it mixes in well with other styles. 

Now I'm sure it is just me, but that is just my thoughts. I have tried several times to get interested in ginger jars. They kind of come back strong in home decor in various cycles through the decades, and I really have looked at them and tried to 'like' them, but I just can't.

There is just something about Valerie's that look 'cheap' to me. I don't know if it is the colors or the designs or even the actual shapes. Like I said, I've tried to like these, but just don't. 

Maybe someone who has them could post some pictures. I often 'get it' when I see things in someone's home rather than just on the set at Q. Makes them more real and gives me better ideas.

@crazycockermom, I have the larger green ginger jar.  I just had to have it when it first aired because I loved the toile influence and that it was illuminated.  I'm happy with the battery life and the painting, but have to say I really wish it wasn't pierced with the little circles all over. 

I wish it was simply a solid porcelain jar, because the light comes through the porcelain very well and I don't think all the holes are necessary.  Another option would have been to have cutouts that were in a pretty design or shape instead of just plain ol' circles.  I have other ceramic things with either damask-shaped or quatrefoil-shaped cutouts, and I much prefer those to this ginger jar. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Who else bought the basket with sunflowers and other flowers that was in Valerie's last show? There was a picture of it on a blog, and I can't find it. It has disappeared on the Q site also. Anyway, I got mine and was very disappointed and considering sending it back. I wanted to check the reviews, but couldn't find anything.

Edited: Just found it. Different order number on my receipt. H210774

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Who else bought the basket with sunflowers and other flowers that was in Valerie's last show? There was a picture of it on a blog, and I can't find it. It has disappeared on the Q site also. Anyway, I got mine and was very disappointed and considering sending it back. I wanted to check the reviews, but couldn't find anything.

Edited: Just found it. Different order number on my receipt. H210774

@pattypeep, I didn't order from this collection but I liked the flowers and the style of the basket.  I saw a similar mossy basket at Tuesday Morning for $14.99, but it was empty, except for a ring of pastel eggs and sprigs around the top rim, if I am remembering correctly.

I see that the H210775 garland and wreath are getting some poor reviews, too.  I read your review on the issue with your basket.  I would be tempted to return it as defective and re-order when they show up as-is if I really wanted one.  Something shouldn't have to be tweaked to make it work, especially when paying full price.  I don't mind doing a little work on something if I get it for less. 

Respected Contributor

@miminohio and SHOPR

Thank you for your honest input! You saved me some money. I will pass. Spent the money on the luminara lantern instead. Smiley Happy