Regular Contributor

Valerie's Hydrangea Wreath.....

[ Edited ]

If you have it do you like it? I bought a beautiful wreath from Pier 1. That wreath did not disappoint. I bought another one a tulip one from Joann's and it came smashed , in a bag, and looked really cheap compared to how it looked online. I went back to order a new tulip one from pier 1 but the color I would have picked is now gone.

Are you satisfied with the size of the hydrangea wreath you bought? How did it arrive and how was it packaged? I have never purchased a wreath from Valerie so I am curious.

As Easter is soon approaching I'm realizing I'm running out of good options and would so like to add another wreath to my decor.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie's Hydrangea Wreath.....

[ Edited ]

I can't speak to the wreath in question, but in the past I've ordered a few of her wreaths and they've all come nicely and competently packaged, fully intact and looked as I expected them to look. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Winter Holiday This is Valerie's in the ASIS section. This could be year round, IMO.

"As Is" 19" Beaded Fruit Wreath by Valerie - H210760

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I don't have the hydrangeas wreath, but 4 of valeries wreaths.  They were all packed perfect, even as is.  I like them to be no smaller than 22 inches or they look too small on my door.  It's a regular 36 inch door.

Regular Contributor

I have the pink and green Valerie Hydrangea wreath, and it's beautiful!   I just took the winter berries down and traded it's box for this one from storage in the garage last week so it's handy to hang again in a week or so this spring. 

It's perfect between the inside door and the storm.  Arrived in a carton, well-packed.  The grasscloth ribbon was a little mushed, but I just tweaked it into shape and it was fine.

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input I really appreciate it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Winter Holiday

Hi there! I don't have Valerie's hydrangea wreath but I have several others of hers. Most of mine are Fall & Winter. I have been very happy with all of them. Mine are used inside or on inner doors because my front door is exposed to the elements so I just use nice, but cheaper ones outside.

Trusted Contributor

My pinecone  and fruit  garland is still up. I put it around my light fixture in the kitchen.  I just might leave it up all year.>

Honored Contributor

@Winter Holiday wrote:

If you have it do you like it? I bought a beautiful wreath from Pier 1. That wreath did not disappoint. I bought another one a tulip one from Joann's and it came smashed , in a bag, and looked really cheap compared to how it looked online. I went back to order a new tulip one from pier 1 but the color I would have picked is now gone.

Are you satisfied with the size of the hydrangea wreath you bought? How did it arrive and how was it packaged? I have never purchased a wreath from Valerie so I am curious.

As Easter is soon approaching I'm realizing I'm running out of good options and would so like to add another wreath to my decor.  

@Winter Holiday  I have never had an issue with Valerie's wreaths and garlands, which I think are beautiful.  You can order from Pier1 online.  I ordered tons of very long picks over the holidays, on sale, and they arrived in perfect condition.  I was in Pier1 the other day, and saw many flower items I wanted to look at, but I was in a hurry so just took a quick peek.

Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased a Valerie indoor wreath since her early days of making them out of all natural things, and heavy in the eucalyptus. They smelled so good, were very full and beautiful. I took really good care of them and used them for many many years.

Her wreaths from the last good number of years are simply too skimpy, or some of the foliage looks too fake for me. 

If I'm going to use a faux wreath, I want it really full and the components to look more real. Those kind of wreaths generally run near $100 or more and QVC is just not offering things in those higher pricepoints, as they don't seem to think they have a market for them.