Contributor

I buy a ton of her stuff maybe is it just me but the prices...Wowza they are sure going up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie prices going up?

I think most of her things come from China, hence the recent increases. 

Honored Contributor

Most of her things do come from China, but like so many of the prices at QVC, many stores and online sites carry many things that are made in China, or materials from China but "assembled in the US.

And yet when you compare prices to the same things, QVC's prices are many times at least twice as high for the same things you can find in stores or online!

I think it may be because, QVC has a lot of overhead and expenses, maybe over and above what brick and mortar stores might have, and they are not meeting their sales goals so they are setting prices higher, hoping people will still buy

(even if they have stopped watching!).

Still Valerie can sometimes have things that you just think, that is so cute or pretty-gotta have it, and don't want to try to find it somewhere else!

That is what they are counting on.

And I have bought some of her things too for just this reason!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Two skinny gingerbread dolls that are almost $70 with tax and mailing, no thank you.

Valued Contributor

The prices for the new stuff added last night are ridiculous. $50 for “Noel” wooden blocks? $56 for 3 dogwood picks? $37 for 2 berry candle rings? I’m hoping these prices will decrease by tomorrow and be listed as sale prices, but still, yikes!

Esteemed Contributor

The new stuff is probably just meant to reside on the website, to satisfy anyone looking for a particular themed item, like primitive, etc.  So I appreciate that a bigger variety is available, definitely, but what on earth are they thinking with some of the crazy prices?  How many do they expect to sell?  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I was in Hobby Lobby Saturday and they had Fall and some Christmas things out....No where near Valerie's crazy prices....Looks like I'll shop locally...Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Michaels, Kirklands, and At Home...Ill still watch Valerie for decorating ideas....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I just was looking up her new items that are listed and yes the prices have gone up. I love Valerie’s items but yes there is a definite hike in prices.

Regular Contributor

Yes they sure have. Remember there are tariffs now imposed on China. Everything she has is from China. I just can't afford her things anymore plus shipping and handling..
Honored Contributor

@Aleta wrote:
Yes they sure have. Remember there are tariffs now imposed on China. Everything she has is from China. I just can't afford her things anymore plus shipping and handling..

@Aleta 

But even considering tariffs other vendors/retailers on-line or brick and mortar haven't raised prices that much....I think it's more of a QVC thing just like their clothing prices aren't competitive with the market place either...this has been going on for a long time long before the word tariff was ever mentioned......QVC thinks customers will pay whatever their price is and we won't comparison shop...BUT most of us actually DO!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”