Valued Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill, please read this

First of all, I love to watch Valerie's shows and she has so many nice products, besides being such a lovely person.  HOWEVER, I just have to stop watching her shows and purchasing her items because of the packaging.  I open the boxes and the way the styrofoam is taped, the styrofoam breaks up all over the place creating a mess.  But most importantly, there is no good way to store her items in the styrofoam versus if they were packaged in nice boxes with say bubble wrap around the items within the boxes for shipping.  I guess the styrofoam is cheaper packaging for shipping her fragile items, but I am not going to purchase anything additional from VPH until the packaging changes.  Simply no way to store/stack these items and for the prices, I think QVC could rethink the packaging, please.  Otherwise, no more frustrating sales to this faithful shopper.

Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill, please read this

A lot of her items (and Luminara, etc.) are quite fragile.  I can't imagine bubble wrap being adequate, given the harsh handling by the carriers.  For those that I want to store, I save the packaging and label the outside.

I agree....the styrofoam can be messy.  But I'd rather deal with the mess than deal with having to return a broken item.

Honored Contributor

I know what you mean but surely you can still watch Valerie's shows even if you aren't buying?

Trusted Contributor

@just wonder I received VPH's new Mosaic spheres yesterday, and they were packaged in the way in which you are criticizing.  I used a pair of scissors to score the packing tape at the seam on the outer box, and once the box was opened, I turned it upside down onto a table (much like you'd turn a cake in it's baking pan upside down onto a cake stand) and gently shook it until the styrofoam enclosure slid out onto the table.  Then I used the scissors to cut the packing tape at the seam where the two pieces of styrofoam meet, and that was it.  This is the smartest, safest way to secure fragile items in a shipping process.  I don't think the problem here is the way VPH's items are packaged, I think that it is that you haven't figured out how to open a box.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

The packing is a QVC problem not a Valerie problem. I dislike the packaging that comes with the holiday decor and depending on the item I wrap them up and put them in a nice Christmas gift bag or box with Christmas print I find at a store. I try to get rid of the ugly shipping boxes. Valerie has her own facebook page so if you go to her page you can comment and make a suggestion since you are addressing her in this post. If she has any power over the matter maybe she can change something. I'm not sure Valerie has a lot of power with the products that QVC chooses to have. Fans make suggestions all the time on what they would like to see her have made and other than the mercury glass ad nauseum and angels I never see the customers recommendations brought to life.

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

A lot of her items (and Luminara, etc.) are quite fragile.  I can't imagine bubble wrap being adequate, given the harsh handling by the carriers.  For those that I want to store, I save the packaging and label the outside.

I agree....the styrofoam can be messy.  But I'd rather deal with the mess than deal with having to return a broken item.

@Krimpette wrote:

@Krimpette  Zulily wraps many things in bubble wrap and some things arrive broken.  I hate the styrofoam of today as it crumbles when even looked at, not like the sturdy of years ago, but it is the safest way to ship fragile items.

Valued Contributor

Guess I wasn't clear about the bubble wrap; I meant bubble wrap and then an additional box within the larger QVC box, for storage purposes.  Or there seems to be out there harder white material which looks like syrofoam, and perhaps is a form of styrofoam, but which does not break apart.  I have no problem with the way Luminara candles are sent as they are in additional boxes for storage.  Since I have never held a job as a shipper, perhaps there is no better way, but I would think there is.  I order fragile things from other companies that come in perfect condition and not in this mesh, and also easier to store off season.  Hopefully QVC folks will read this, or Valerie can pass this concern on to them.  No slam against Valerie, I love her, but get too tempted when I watch here and simply don't want this kind of storage and mess issue again.

Valued Contributor

If this is the only problem you have how lucky for valarie

Honored Contributor

She has to package it securely, have you seen the rough handling of packages by UPS and USPS?  She doesn't want a lot of claims for received broken merchandise.  You can figure out how to store it at home, it surely doesn't need the same excess.

Super Contributor

I want it packaged so that it doen't break on the way to my house. I can find a way on my own to store it safely,