Honored Contributor

Valerie Parr Hill Sneak Peek for Friday, 7-29-2016

[ Edited ]
Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill Sneak Peek for Friday, 7-29-2016

Thanks.

A shame she's not really giving a sneak peek at her new items though.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana. I agree and why wouldn't she?  I think she will show us the new items tomorrow.

I have that little village with the trees and it is nice.  It is glittered but I didn't rub it off because I like the sparkle even if it is messy.

Trusted Contributor

If they are going to post a sneak peek, I wish they would actually show the new items that will be available.

Some of that stuff is over a year old!

Honored Contributor

I'm sure it is Q that is dictating not showing the items from the 'all new' evening show.

They get a lot of complaints when things are sold out before they even air.

Back in the day, everyone had to wait until the on air presentations and panic buy as things were selling out. There was no internet (or so very few people had access at home) to see what was coming up and buy it ahead of time.

Now, Q is bringing in so few of many things, that they are essentially gone before the product makes it to air.  They post new items at midnight, and by 8 pm that evening, people have shopped online and a significant portion of the pitiful inventory they brought in is gone.

I know they need to do something, because I get mad enough and just turn it off, when every item they move to begins the presentation with "we are very limited in this item, three of our 5 colors have already sold out". And it has that banner that says "NEW TODAY". 

So I guess we will all be scouring the collection at midnight tonight, which is probably when they will load the new things. I wonder if they will load them throughout the day, but just not make any 'announcement' about it.

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

If they are going to post a sneak peek, I wish they would actually show the new items that will be available.

Some of that stuff is over a year old!

@flickerbulb  Yes, or older.  I probably won't bother to watch the morning show and hopefully, by then we will have seen the new items.  Don't buy too much now.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

It is so boring to see old items when your hoping for New!  Looking forwRd to tomorrow nights show and I hope it's not dissapointing.   Would love to see a new ornament set like the one LR brought a couple years ago.  They were very high end and in 3 color combinations would like to get more.  I remember Lisa saying thst valerie helped her with choosing them.  I wAnt to see more elegant offerings.  

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

It is so boring to see old items when your hoping for New!  Looking forwRd to tomorrow nights show and I hope it's not dissapointing.   Would love to see a new ornament set like the one LR brought a couple years ago.  They were very high end and in 3 color combinations would like to get more.  I remember Lisa saying thst valerie helped her with choosing them.  I wAnt to see more elegant offerings.  

@Kitty Galore

QVC has left a real hole in their decor offerings since Lisa left and they didn't carry on with that style. It appeared to be very popular, a number of things would sell out and be heavily requested to come back, but for some reason, Q seems to have abandoned that style of decor. 

They have Alberti, who would seem the perfect and natural choice to step right into those shows and that style, yet they let the opportunity pass this year. I wouldn't even see why Valerie herself couldn't have some shows that were all around that more elegant style during the holiday season. Q just seems to go out of their way not to use the talent they have in those two people to not only continue that style of offerings but expand upon it to beyond the holiday season decor.

Just can't understand what they are thinking.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kitty Galore  I'm hoping she will bring in some new products  closer to the Christmas  holiday.  Those were nice ornaments in that set and maybe she will bring in a new set this year.  We will probably know tomorrow what the new pieces are for the Friday night show. I think people kept asking for more traditional items and that's what they brought in.  I want elegant too but mostly out of luck here but other web sites can be checked out too.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kitty Galore

QVC has left a real hole in their decor offerings since Lisa left and they didn't carry on with that style. It appeared to be very popular, a number of things would sell out and be heavily requested to come back, but for some reason, Q seems to have abandoned that style of decor. 

They have Alberti, who would seem the perfect and natural choice to step right into those shows and that style, yet they let the opportunity pass this year. I wouldn't even see why Valerie herself couldn't have some shows that were all around that more elegant style during the holiday season. Q just seems to go out of their way not to use the talent they have in those two people to not only continue that style of offerings but expand upon it to beyond the holiday season decor.

Just can't understand what they are thinking.

@Mominohio  I don't believe QVC is thinking.  I'll just keep my money and look elsewhere for the style that I like.

Why do they think we all want whimsey?  It's great if people have young children but some of us want an elegant line, kids have grown up.  This is a bad year for us Holiday forum folks, so far anyway.