Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  Well, I have over two dozen teapots and a number of old pitchers and decanters. I have one black cast iron bean pot that they hung in the fire place to cook in, I'm told. Lord, have mercy, is there anything one of us doesn't collect?  We are pathetic, you know that.  Smiley Happy  

The teapot that your Mom had is a precious keepsake especially since she mended it.  I'm like you, I couldn't just  pitch it either.  They are only valuable to us.

What kind and where did you buy the deer?   I think we've corrupted a lot of people on here with our deer habit, everyone is looking for deer. Smiley Happy

@lucymo  I bought the deer on zulily.  I really must stop checking there every day, it is very dangerous.  

As for collecting, if the market were good, I could sell a lot on ebay, if I wanted all of the bother, which I don't, so am counting on DD selling whatever she doesn't want.

DH brought out all of the Christmas decor boxes from the storeroom into the rec room for me to go through and purge, I hope.  I found a large box full of pinecone trees with ribbons that I had forgotten about, having bought them after Chritmas on sale decades ago, some of these, if not all, will go to Salvation Army.  

There is still one box missing, and has been for years.  DH said he knows it is in the storeroom, I said of course it is, so he has mroe work to do as I want all green bags off of everything, which is the only way we are ever going to find it.

I did a l;ittle gardening yesterday, felt great after being stuck inside for many months, but today, it is so cold.  I am receiving Daylily catalogs, but am tossing them as a Daylily is the last thing on earth I need, lol, have so many to plant this year.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo

Yes, we had an ice storm last night.  Everything was closed today.  My job even had a two hour delay and they never do that.  I had a Dr appt, so I had to go early.  If I cancelled, I probably would have to wait three weeks for an opening.  It wasn't bad on the main roads.

I bought a bunch if stuff from pier 1.  @Mousegirl I got the big acorns at pier 1 for $2.50 each.  They were on the harvest clearance table for 75%off.  The girl rung them up and it said $36.  I said that's not right, they are 75% off.  Manager said they were on the wrong table.  The line was really long, so she told the cashier to charge me $12.50.  Actually that's not right either, it's lower.  Anyway, I got six.  Bought a wire basket to put them in.  Bought two harvest wreaths, a table top tree, got a bunch of ornaments -- Lucy that means you'll have to get here early next year because the tree is coming out.  I got two grapevine pumpkins three pumpkin risers - they actually work great for valeries globes.  I can't even think, but I paid next to nothing for bags full of stuff.  I haven't put it away yet.  That's why I was thinning out my closet before putting stuff away.

Mousegirl, I gave up zulily.  I really like it there, but something had to give.  It was hard at first, now I go there maybe once a week.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

The majority is put away.  I ordered a few things from as is late in the season that I'm testing the timers.  They will go away soon.  It is very stark here, looks like no one lives here.

@GCR18

My house looks like whoever lives here is a hoarder, stuff is everywhere.  I can't seem to get things back in good order. I go from one thing to another and don't finish anything.  I have a teapot collection on top of my kitchen cabinets and after all these years have decided  that I don't want them there, need a change.  So, now, I'm working on that project.

Remind me again, when do we start Easter decorating?  lol

@lucymo

We've caught the same 'bug' and can't seem to shake it!

I'm in such a funk, trying to do my annual clean out and I feel so disorganized this year. I'm hop scotching around from one job to another, and honestly I'm feeling like I'm simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic!

I've thrown things away, I've donated things and have a box going that I place things in every day, but each little cabinet or drawer or closet I do, I swear has twice as much in it when I finish!

Parts of my house look like a war zone and I'm frustrated as heck! Part of the problem is I still don't have the Origami shelves I order on like the second of January, and I keep ordering the storage boxes from here, but I can't get enough of them in at a time to complete a job, so I get 'stuck' waiting on things to arrive before I can finish something and move on. 

I also was planning on my son moving out come April, and it looks like that might not happen now, so I'm deflated as I was counting on lots of his stuff going out of here. 

So my suggestion to the both of us is ......tropical vacation and let the maid do it! What do you think? You in on that? LOL

Honored Contributor

@GCR18  My goodness, you made quite a haul at P1.  I have to drive 75 miles to get to a store now that ours closed so I don't go much.  I think you probably brought in more than you took out and there in lies the storage problem.  lol

I'll get my tree up early so I can come help you.  I wish we could do that, what fun we'd have.  We'd hang an ornament on anything that didn't move.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  OK, you say where in the tropics and I'll start making our reservations for two months.  I can feel the warmth already just thinking about it.  What fun we'll have. 

You. can never figure what these kids are going to do but one thing about most of them, they don't like to spend their money on rent, food and utilities.  Some young lady will take him away soon.

Oh, wait, sorry to burst your bubble but we don't have money for the two month vacation, and we don't have maids so we'd better get busy.  Today is the second day in the kitchen, I'm cleaning every inch of that room, donated two tubs of stuff.  I hope to finish that today, if I don't wander off somewhere else. 

Maybe if we have a sale for all our excess 'treasures' we'll make it to the tropics next winter.  We'll have to forego CIJ though and I have doubts that either of us can do that.  There has to be a way for us to get there.  We could sell the houses, probably won't want to come back anyway.  Smiley Happy 

Hope you feel better and can get a lot of work done today.  Where are they shipping your storage containers from to take that long?  It's hard to get things done if you don't have what you need to finish the job.  Hopefully, they will come soon. 

Honored Contributor

Standing Moose Toilet Paper Holder

Do Moose and Reindeer live together in harmony?  I love this Moose but have so many deer that I don't want to upset them by bringing him in. lol

Moose Salt & Pepper Shakers

Available at Zulily.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Do Moose and Reindeer live together in harmony?  I love this Moose but have so many deer that I don't want to upset them by bringing him in. lol

@lucymo  They live in different parts of the country.  I had a small area with nothing but mosse in it. Smiley Happy  Did you notice that? Smiley Happy  I bought a Santa riding a moose salt/pepper shakers at zulily and that was in the display also.  Also bought a pair of moose salt/pepper shakers, one fell and an antler broke, but I just positioned them so it wouldn;t show.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  They live in different parts of the country.  I had a small area with nothing but mosse in it. Smiley Happy  Did you notice that? Smiley Happy  I bought a Santa riding a moose salt/pepper shakers at zulily and that was in the display also.  Also bought a pair of moose salt/pepper shakers, one fell and an antler broke, but I just positioned them so it wouldn;t show.

@mousiegirl  I do remember you having some Moose in your pictures.  I think these are the cutest things and I almost ordered them because I have free shipping today.  I hope I don't go Moose crazy now.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  I do remember you having some Moose in your pictures.  I think these are the cutest things and I almost ordered them because I have free shipping today.  I hope I don't go Moose crazy now.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  When I went through a cabinet with figures that I bought twenty years ago, I discovered a Santa on a moose, and two moose, the look like carved wood to me, also in the display, and had already bought the other items, including the three sledding/skiing moose at zulily, so then decided to have a moose display.

I have been going through some of the boxes of ornaments that DH moved into the rec room for me to go through, and discovered some wonderful ornaments that I had bought eons ago for a gold tree, so will put these on the living room tree next year, and some large glass pinecones with frost which will be perfect for the white flocked tree.  So far, nothing has made it into the donation box, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

So far, nothing has made it into the donation box,

Lol, why am I not surprised?  Smiley Happy   You sound like me, it's difficult to give up some of the Christmas, Harvest, Easter or whatever but I have and am being merciless about it.  I know I will always buy more even if I keep all that I have.  I think I'm just tired of the baggage.  DH said get rid of it and then you can enjoy buying new but I am attached to some of it.  Oh, well, I'm sure you are enjoying going through the boxes and seeing the items again after so many years.