Trusted Contributor

Terra cotta Pumpkin

[ Edited ]

I went to Lowe's to buy potting soil for the mums I bought. Of course, I can never walk out of there with only a bag of dirt!

They had cute terra cotta jack o' lanterns that would be perfect for placing on my new shed's little porch! It would fit a outdoor type flameless candle, but I decided on putting in a small string of orange lights from Dollar Tree.

They also had metal, copper colored jack o' lanterns with a handle. I thought I could put the mums in there, but the plants were too big.

So, perhaps a resin flameless candle is in order for those. I like when the garden centers get cute harvest items, too!

Anyone else find cute things at HD or Lowe's? Last time I was at HD they had not put out Halloween things yet.

Trusted Contributor

Well, it is dark now and my pumpkin looks so cute all lit up!

This is a better alternative to a faux or real pumpkin for me, as the other types would never last in my tropical climate!

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

Well, it is dark now and my pumpkin looks so cute all lit up!

This is a better alternative to a faux or real pumpkin for me, as the other types would never last in my tropical climate!

@flickerbulb  How's the new shed working out for you?  I'm sure you'll have fun with it in the months ahead.

Respected Contributor
Those sound cute! Can you post a pic? I would've considered them had I not just bought the ones from Desert Steel. I think DH would send me to the nut house if I bought anymore pumpkins.

I haven't been to Lowes or HD in the last few weeks. DH went today but I doubt he looked at any neat stuff. Lol
Trusted Contributor

@lucymo

Well, I had the best of intentions of moving and organizing my holiday decorations into the shed, but life got in the way.

I had to go back to school (work) and had to get back in the groove. Tonight was the first time that I actually moved some boxes into the shed.

One small Christmas tree (white flocked in urn) got moved and three Easter boxes. Last weekend I moved a shelf unit in there and had to repaint it.

I am trying to decide if I want to order those Origami folding shelves from the other channel. I have to wait and see how the boxes and other things look before I clutter it up with more stuff.

I took an old tv with dvd player that I was not using in there last weekend and sat in my comfy chair and watched Notting Hill!

I can't wait until it cools down so it will be more pleasant to work. I have added orange lights I twisted along the top of the metal tubing that supplies the electic to the center light. It looks cute!

I also added a harvest welcome mat I found at Lowe's so I am adding festive touches as I go.

Thanks for asking about my little hideaway! My little dog loves it and chases lizards on the porch. It has a gap underneath it so she goes under there to look for her tiny prey!

When I open the door, she loves to come in and sits in there with me!

Trusted Contributor

May I ask you a ?.I also purchased the Desert Stell white pumpkins. The tall has been shipped. The squatty is still "In Process". I order the two together. Did you receive both your pumpkins? Last year I also ordered whiye both. Only received Tall. Don't understand. Hopefully I will receive the squatty. Many thanks.

Respected Contributor
Hi engineer. I assume you're talking to me. Are you an engineer? I'm a mechanical engineer.

Anyway, funny you ask. I ordered the orange ones. I received my tall one but not the squatty one. According to UPS tracking, it arrived at its destination city five days ago but it hasn't been delivered yet. I was going to give it a few days before I contacted QVC. I've also been having some issues with my UPS guy too so wasn't sure what the delay was.

Maybe there are issues with the squatty ones. The same thing happened to you last year too?? Did you ever get the squatty?

I want two pumpkins. While I prefer one of each, if that's not possible I want another tall one before they sell out.
Esteemed Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

@lucymo

Well, I had the best of intentions of moving and organizing my holiday decorations into the shed, but life got in the way.

I had to go back to school (work) and had to get back in the groove. Tonight was the first time that I actually moved some boxes into the shed.

One small Christmas tree (white flocked in urn) got moved and three Easter boxes. Last weekend I moved a shelf unit in there and had to repaint it.

I am trying to decide if I want to order those Origami folding shelves from the other channel. I have to wait and see how the boxes and other things look before I clutter it up with more stuff.

I took an old tv with dvd player that I was not using in there last weekend and sat in my comfy chair and watched Notting Hill!

I can't wait until it cools down so it will be more pleasant to work. I have added orange lights I twisted along the top of the metal tubing that supplies the electic to the center light. It looks cute!

I also added a harvest welcome mat I found at Lowe's so I am adding festive touches as I go.

Thanks for asking about my little hideaway! My little dog loves it and chases lizards on the porch. It has a gap underneath it so she goes under there to look for her tiny prey!

Yes, yes, yes to your Origami shelf mention. I have six of them and they are invaluable. I put four of them in our shed and two more in a storage area in our house. Love them so much I wish I had a spot for more !!!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

@lucymo

@flickerbulb  You will get it done in time.  I recall that the little 'shed' caused quite a stir here on the forum and I wonder how many people went out and purchased one.   Please post an exterior picture when you finish with the seasonals. 

It has been extremely hot this year and not a good time to work in an outside shed.  I can do all kinds of stuff when I'm waiting to go to sleep but In the morning when I wake up it's a different story.  Do you do that?  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Yes, I was talkinh with you about pumokins. ordered Tall ans Squatty at samt time. According to order status oreder shipped for tall. Squatty "in Process!" This happened last year also. Never did receive squatty. Returned Tall. Hopefully. will receive BOTH this year. (both were in stock when I ordered). I will let you know. Desert Steel  website is to expensive plus their shipping charges. "Q" much better price. Years ago Slatkin had three pumpkin ceramic set in white. Still use every year. They are really nice.P.S. CIVIL Eng.